Miami v. Notre Dame observation

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Notre Dame, how many years will they be ranked high beating nobody teams? On;y to be exposed to be a weak team when ever they play a good team? Can all the ND pundits just admit winning their schedule could be done by Kentucky most years LOL

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
For all of Richt's detractors, he had the best team in the country in 2007 by season's end, but an early loss to Tennessee kept them from playing LSU in the SECCG. I feel like UGA would have won the game going away.
In 2012, I feel like we were the only team that could have beaten them, and we only beat them by 5 yards.

He catches a lot of crap, but he is a quality coach.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I either grossly underestimated Miami or ND is nowhere near the team I thought they were. I did not see all the game but what I saw was a slow, plodding team with another over hyped QB. Miami's defense really looked good, their offense is okay. Not sure how they will match up against Clemson if Bryant is totally healthy.

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
That game says one thing and one thing only, Notre dame is not that good. Miami is still a wild card to me, beating ND doed not say they are top 4 team to me, just that Notre dame as always is way over blown by sports media. if ND had to play 4 top 15 teams they would be lucky to win 1 of them. They are just a decent team, not near as good as the polls still have them.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I don't think Miami is all that good still. They've squeaked out wins against lesser teams multiple times this season. I think this win (and the Georgia loss) show how mediocre ND and UGA are and that they just had the benefit of a very weak schedule.

I'm not sure if Miami will make it to the playoffs, but I'd love to play them if they do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
ND looks slow and their running back looks like he is running scared. Miami looks much faster tonight than what I have seen of them earlier this year.
Yeah, the times I had seen Miami this year they were unimpressive. They were lucky not to lose three games already. Notre Dame had actually impressed me with physical play and controlling the line of scrimmage. I was a little concerned about their lack of a passing game, but I thought they would move Miami off the ball. Miami showed up and played great. We'll see if they can keep it up week to week.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I agree that earlier in the season Miami wasn't that impressive... But I think they're hitting their stride. They've looked really good the last two weeks against two good teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.