The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... Miss State Bulldog style!

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Jalen Hurts and Wide Receivers

The Bad- offensive line really struggled and defense was atrocious

The Ugly- did the bulldogs get any penalties? I saw a ton of things but nothing called. I also don’t think I have seen pass interference called to end the game.

My hat hat is off to the Crimson Tide for the Mississippi State and the refs!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Good: Just win, baby!

Bad: So many with angina tonight. Hope everyone is well

Ugly: Eeyore's. Seriously, you expect your team to weather adversity, to persevere, and to always give their all and you can't suck it up in a close 3rd quarter? Get off the bandwagon already or pull in the right direction.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good - A win - very impressive when the opponent was playing way over its head and getting all of the breaks
Bad - Scott probably had his worst game at Alabama
Ugly - Run defense - They stood up when it mattered, but will need to continue to improve

Congratulations! Another road win in the SEC. Time to get healthy and start preparation for Auburn.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good: Win, Jalen, Ridley, Smith, running in the fourth
Bad: Defense got pushed around for 3-1/2 quarters
Ugly: What I screamed when we got PI on the last play. Seriously I apologized to my mom and she is 600 miles away from me and couldn't possibly have heard me.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
The good - missed field goal. Think it worked to Bama's benefit. Offense responded when MS scored.

Bad - Defensive line lost battle against offensive line. Smaller players gave up multiple first downs.

Ugly - Pass interference on Hail Mary; give me a break. "Injuries" to stop momentum.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Good: Hurts and almost all aspects of the offense. They didn't have the ball much but they did what they had to do when they got a chance.
Bad: Injury riddled defense getting pushed around.
Ugly: Cowbells

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Good: The run game and Jalen
Bad: Penalties
Ugly: Some members of our fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good: Responding to some serious adversity. This will go a long way towards helping us in a couple of weeks.

Bad: Losing the battle of the LOS so often. But thankfully, the guys on both sides just fought through it. One thing about Nick Saban football; a team can find our weak spot and exploit it, but we are so good at responding to that, dribbling with our left hand so to speak, and beating them anyway. This is why you never give up on Nick Saban's Alabama. Those guys believe. It's obvious, otherwise nights like tonight would never be possible.

Ugly: PI on a hail mary and it was legit call.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The good: Jalen, the run game when we chose to use it was great, 4Q defense when we needed it most and Jalen -- oh yeah, Jalen! For Clanga: Miss St offense playing over their head for most of the game. Props to them for that. Dan Mullens game plan was decent.

The bad: Play calling would be great and then just inexplicably die but we still need to execute. Moo State's conditioning program is suspect. Their defense died in the 4th quarter.

The ugly: The refs, punts and kickoffs were a bit off to say the least. Cowbells need to be banned. 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty assessed for each occurrence -- sorry but this is not little league football. The eeyores need to avoid the game boards. The fake injuries.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Good- The Win. The ability to get your teeth kicked in for over 3 1/2 quarters and still win. That produces grit and grit wins titles.

The Bad- Offensive line still getting beat too often. Needs to get fixed or Auburn will eat them alive.

The Ugly- DL getting physically man handled all night. It wasn't the line backers. Tom Luginbill and McElroy said it the entire game. It was the DL getting their jock straps handed to them. Auburn's OL is just as good.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Good: Rummaged through the laundry hamper, and dug out the shirt I had been wearing, earlier in the year, and changed into it at halftime. (Thought maybe it had lost its mojo, so did the wrong thing and swapped it out. Realized the error of my ways, although it took until Q4 to get its mojo back.)

The Bad: Oh, I dunno...............pretty much everything from the penalty on their first punt up to the field goal attempt clanging off the upright.

The Ugly: Nutter Dumber and Jawja!

Worse than that: FloraDUH!

Worse still, than all of that: 11RC!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Guys, before you get too down on the o-line, remember that you lost #71 on the first drive. Hopefully he will be back for Auburn - high ankle sprain.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Guys, before you get too down on the o-line, remember that you lost #71 on the first drive. Hopefully he will be back for Auburn - high ankle sprain.
Yep- he’s in concussion protocol according to the post game show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
He gave up a sack before he got hurt. Not a good night for the OL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.