The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... Miss State Bulldog style!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
the good: Jalen hurts is now proving how valuable he is to this team
the bad: offensive line having early problems keeping Jalen and rbs protected. really said now that we have gotten past the softies.
the ugly: how poor the defense played. the def line was out hustled and out muscled, and I do relate it to the lack of the linebackers depth. evans was trying to cover the whole line of scrimmage. there were no linebackers filling the gaps that is the norm. how many times our linebackers, young freshmen, were lost back on their heels.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Good: We won, Jalen, 4th quarter effort offense and defense; I stayed off the game thread so I would not be criticized by other tide fans on here

Bad: O line inconsistency, Penalties, Defense inconsistency

Ugly: Defense for 3 quarters, more injuries (this time on offense). Can we not have a break with the injuries?
My blood pressure is normally 100/60 but not during football season, especially tonight

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Good: Even 7th ranked defense can't stop Bama's offense. JH is special.
Bad: stupid penalties
Ugly: Injuries (don't know how many more of these Bama can take - I like to see starters play two series against Mercer)
As bad as it looked, Bama outgained the 'taters on about 20 fewer plays (run defense must get better and it will). I don't care how Bama scores, as long as the result is the same as last night.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We really needed a game like this. This was the first time this season we had to rally and win a tight game on the road. The next one will be our toughest challenge of 2017.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD..... Jalen Hurts
THE BAD........ Our OL and DL
THE UGLY....... It still looks like the Refs go out of their way to find things to penalize us for.
The Refs are still ignoring Holding and Face Masking by our opponents.
NEUTRALITY... NOT.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Does anyone remember Bo Scarbrough in the 4th quarter when he picked up a first down and his next carry went up the sideline. He seemed to pull up going down the sideline and motioned to the bench for someone to come in for him. Hope he's not hurt.
I saw it. I thought he had more green grass in front of him, but he went out of bounds. The way he acted I thought he might have pulled something. But there was a video after the game of him and other guys dancing coming out of the locker room. So I hope he's okay.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The Good: The "Ice Man" Jalen Hurts, Calvin "Clutch" Ridley and Joshua Jackson.

The Bad: The SEC refs and our LB play (we know why of course). Also MSU's attempt to trash talk and attempts to rattle us.

The Ugly: Papa John continuing our tradition of struggling kickers and the SEC refs again. They need to be trained what a holding call looks like because they watched AT LEAST 4-5 critical holding call that I noticed alone.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The Good - the fourth quarter, Bama dominated the 4th on offense and defense
The Bad - the first 3 quarters, MSU looked like the better team. partly due to penalties and field position
The Ugly - GEORGIA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.