JessN: MSU wrap-up: Hurts cementing legacy as a clutch QB - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: MSU wrap-up: Hurts cementing legacy as a clutch QB

Great analysis as usual...i was worried about this game for the last month and playing without our top LB's didn't help. I can remember when MSU wanted to win the fight more than the game. Being post LSU never helps us...

I have noticed that Tony Brown gets targeted by other teams -- happened last year by Clemson. He's a great athlete, but somehow that has not translated to coverage skills. I am not sure why...he seems to be trying. Hootie did have a miserable game for him...and Rashaan as well...I agree that both seemed to be trying to makeup for others.

I was surprised that Holcombe did not play better. He has played well when called on earlier in the year. He might have been trying too hard as well and putting too much pressure on himself. The next two weeks should be interesting to say the least.

This may be the proverbial blessing in disguise. We have to shift around an underperforming OL as well as review our offensive strategy. I do think that having JH run more RPO might lead to better drives at the start. We just don't seem to block well in the beginning. Or we could put in a fullback and run Bo S. from the I. Either way we need to do some quick reviewing and decision making or this promising season will end in disappointment.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement

On that 31 yard pass to Ridley on 3rd and 15 right before the winning TD, Damien did a great job of picking up the blitzer--just buried him.
    Last edited by rtrbama1; November 12th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Nice write up!!!!
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

I always love to see a QB able to make a defense pay for bringing the house. That last drive was immensely satisfying.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

I kinda dreaded Jess’ write up because I thought it would be of my mindset after the game, all doom and gloom. So I was very happy to read the title and see that Jess put it in a better context. I agree. We should celebrate our comeback, and more specifically, our “ice water in his veins” QB. We have plenty of concerns, especially for the Auburn game that I’m not excited about, but that can wait for now. Let’s enjoy this victory and how hard our boys worked for it.

Worked 11 to 10 pm on Saturday. If anyone knows when they will replay the game it would be appreciated.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Worked 11 to 10 pm on Saturday. If anyone knows when they will replay the game it would be appreciated.
    Wednesday am, 10 - 1 CST on SEC Network....hope you get to watch it.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    Wednesday am, 10 - 1 CST on SEC Network....hope you get to watch it.
    Awesome, I have that day off from work because of a dental appointment at 8am. Should be home by 10.

On the main board CajunCrimson was cool enough to post a 35 minute full game video. Money!!!
    Awesome, I have that day off from work because of a dental appointment at 8am. Should be home by 10.