Who wants Vuvuzelas at BDS?

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
The last time I checked college football was an American sport. Cowbells are American, but that other stuff is not. Use it at soccer games and leave our game alone.
So we use only "American" sounds, eh. How about 70,000 kazoos all blaring at once for the MSU team to endure? Or 70,000 banjos? or 70,000 tubas?

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Not me, thanks.

I just want the SEC office to get rid of the cowbells again. It was cute when Scott Field was 41,000 people and MSU was losing. The stadium has been modernized and now it's an advantage the other schools can't have. Time for it to go.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Every year people here whine about the cowbells. I just don't understand the big fuss. It hasn't helped them win anything meaningful yet so, just let them have there little fun while they watch their team lose.
True that. However having to watch or listen to games with said cowbells is awful entertainment, regardless of results.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Personally, I think the cowbells should be treated like a sideline warning; The third time the officials have to tell the cowbell crowd to shut up, it'll cost them yards.

That should do the trick.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I know there will be some traditionalist that hate this idea but it would be a classic.

Next year when MSU comes to Ttown we break out about 10k vuvuzelas. Can you imagine the noise??

https://youtu.be/bKCIFXqhLzo

Would sound like 10,000 elephants charging the stadium. The NCAA would ban all noise makers and problem solved. But for 1 game it would be priceless!
Umm . . . no.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Take this to an Ole Miss board. Let them bring thousands of vuvuzelas the next time the Egg Bowl is in Oxford.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I started this thread tongue n cheek but it has made for some fun reading and suggestions.

The only reason i would ever want Bama to do anything out of the norm like this would be to use our influence to manifest an outcome that could not be accomplished with less extreme measures.

Kazoos. LOL!!!!!!!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Here's the deal - do you really want to legitimize an 'advantage' that has only cost Bama one game in the last 17 years? You REALLY want to elevate the 'rivalry' (if you can call an 80-18-3 series such) to the point that Bama acknowledges them by changing how they respond at home?

Goodness.

MSU isn't little brother, MSU is our neighbor's son's little brother. Literally a game Bama has lost only five times in the 45 times they've played while I was alive...

Drop it, MSU isn't worth it.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Every year people here whine about the cowbells. I just don't understand the big fuss. It hasn't helped them win anything meaningful yet so, just let them have there little fun while they watch their team lose.
So you're okay with a team that breaks a rule just as long as they don't ultimately win by breaking it? I don't think it's whining to suggest how completely annoying it is to have to listen to it. And say what you like, but it does artificially give them the ability to make it more difficult for the opposing team to make calls on the field.

Not trying to sound snarky. MSU fans are obnoxious enough on their own. Add cowbells to the mix and they have to be on the top of the list for most annoying fanbase ever.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Can you imagine what would happen if we could get 100,000 people to all bang their hands together at the same time? That would be awesome. Would make this huge clapping sound....over and over. That would be cool.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
We don't need vuvuzelas, rattles, tubas, cowbells, other noisemakers, etc. This may seem strange coming from a huge soccer fan (Man City forever!!) but I love the game day atmosphere at Bryant Denny, the awesome smell of delicious food (and drink) wafting up from the quad, the band, and the game culminating in Rammer Jammer. Keep traditions for each sport. One of the things I love about Alabama is that they don't feel the need to follow fashion trends like Oregon. The classic crimson shirts and white britches is perfect. I will not address whether white or crimson helmets but I do prefer crimson for argument's sake.

I like the suggestion that Ole Sis use some sort of noisemaker in the Egg Bowl which would be much more fitting. Bama is too classy for that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.