Who In your opinion would be the best head coach candidate for Florida?

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
most of the coaches mentioned are quality coaches that are proven winners or showing recent success...but what jumped out to me about your question, at least in title was “FOR florida”

so another take that some have touched on, it looks to me that the gators want to be entertained, they want offense, and they want personality...everyone wants to win, but

I️’m thinking above all else the gators want many points on the board and a coach that is going talk the talk...so the guys that fit that the most are freshwater, the pirate, and the mullet

(I️ don’t care which team, would love to see the pirate in the sec)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so the button reset with the gators, with ucla getting kelly and frost probably a cornhusker, I still think offense and someone comfortable with the microphone...have they approached stoops yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Will all the stories that circulated about UF not wanting to honor the contract/buyout with Coach Mcelwain cause some candidates to shy away? Can you trust the admin in Gainesville? If they want me they'll need to have my buyout in an escrow account somewhere. :)

careeves

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2007
Huntsville
Why isn't Bob Stoops name not being mentioned for any of these jobs? His departure at OU was sudden and without notice. He is still young and could coach another 5-10 years.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Why isn't Bob Stoops name not being mentioned for any of these jobs? His departure at OU was sudden and without notice. He is still young and could coach another 5-10 years.
Because he doesn't want to wind up like his Dad.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Mullen is a solid hire. I think Frost had the most "upside potential" but I think we know that Mullen will get the job done. Much better hire than Chip Kelly. They lucked out.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Not that I think they'll pursue him, but Bobby Petrino wouldn't be a bad option. Plus, he's always open to the conversation as long as they have a plane . . .

Anyway, here's my top 5:
1. Mullen
2. Petrino
3. Leach
4. Frost
5. Venables
Hey, they took my advice, too!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.