Never too early to think of Iron Bowl - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Never too early to think of Iron Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I agree with this. Just like with the CSU and Fresno games after injuries agains Florida St, the coaches will get the young guys ready. But, didn’t the barn struggle with Mercer?
    The Barn still didn't know who to start at QB when they played Mercer. The Barn kept fumbling around and giving the ball away. Someone else said it. The September version of the Barn is in poor form. They develop during the year. Generally in September Gus don't know if it's gold he sees on the field or a Cow Patty.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I think this may be a hard one to bet. Honestly who has Auburn beat? All the same SEC West teams as BAMA. They was by an average score of 42-21. We won by an average score of 38-13.

The Barn gave up more points to all 5 than we did. They scored more in 3, we did in 2.

They lost to Clemson. A Clemson team in game 1 breaking in a new QB. A Clemson team that has looked pedestrian in several games. A Clemson team that lost to frekin Syracuse. They beat UGA but, how good is UGA? They play in the SEC East which is a dumpster fire. Tennessee, Vandy and MIZ couldn’t win CUSA or the AAC. Miami showed us who ND really is last night, an overrated team that the liberal elitist Northeast media loves to pump up. ....... and Kirk the Jerk want to bash our schedule but, ours is no worse than that of AU or UGA.

In the end, AU is gonna be tough to beat as we may be playing without our LG and playing with LB’s not on the 3 deep when the season started. I expect Nick will coach up the LB’s, devise a scheme to slow AU and give Jalen and the O a chance to put up enough points to give us a shot to escape with a victory. A 27-24 type ball game.

Whoever wins will likely destroy the Dawgs in ATL by 30+. UK and Tech very well may send them to ATL at 9-3.
    Tennessee and Virginia both beat Georgia Tech. I doubt they beat UGA.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

The Auburn/Georgia game really didn't surprise me that much. You had talking heads (and even players from Georgia's opponents) questioning UGA's true freshman QB if the game every had to be on his shoulders, could he carry the team. UGA finally was put in the position to have to have their QB carry them, and he couldn't. He's a true freshman. It makes what Hurts did last year even more spectacular. When we play Auburn we won't have a true freshman QB behind center. That will be a HUGE difference right off the bat. Once Auburn stopped the run, the game was basically over because UGA didn't have anything else to do. They had ridden their running game to 9-0 and the true freshman QB contributed here and there, was asked to not lose the game, but never asked to win it.

I think Hurts gives Auburn's defense fits.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

We've got to get more reps for Chris Allen and Van Cowan this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    The Auburn/Georgia game really didn't surprise me that much. You had talking heads (and even players from Georgia's opponents) questioning UGA's true freshman QB if the game every had to be on his shoulders, could he carry the team. UGA finally was put in the position to have to have their QB carry them, and he couldn't. He's a true freshman. It makes what Hurts did last year even more spectacular. When we play Auburn we won't have a true freshman QB behind center. That will be a HUGE difference right off the bat. Once Auburn stopped the run, the game was basically over because UGA didn't have anything else to do. They had ridden their running game to 9-0 and the true freshman QB contributed here and there, was asked to not lose the game, but never asked to win it.

aTm and LSU attacked the sides of the line, and the middle of the field against Auburn. They were pretty effective. I think we probably do the same. I think the bigger question is not Jalen, its our defense. I personally think Stidham is a statue waiting to be toppled, and I believe we are going to send the house against Auburn and dare Stidham to beat us. I fear Fitzgerald type qbs more than Stidham types because Stidham has shown he doesn't do well under pressure. I like our chances if no other injuries occur because you better believe that everyone will be talking up Auburn these next 2 weeks. If Auburn was going to beat UGA then we couldn't have asked for a better result for both games. IMO
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation First Team PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post

Yes, what Auburn did to UGA was what I was thinking we would do to them in the SECCG. Take away the run and force them to pass. They are a one dimensional team. Same strategy we've used for years to beat LSU.

I'll have to wait and see how practices go and such, but right now, this Iron Bowl looks very tough. As of right now I expect we'll see a score similar to the 2014 game.
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    We've got to get more reps for Chris Allen and Van Cowan this week.

And also Labryan Ray...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I look for Bama to be very slightly favored in Vegas but A LOT of the sports punditry along with many others will predict an Auburn victory. We are decimated with injuries at key positions, the barn is playing well right now, they will have home field advantage, and fwiw history is not on our side( we have not won 4 or more in a row in the series 36 years running). Like some others I think I want to keep an eye out for any new developments over the next 8-10 days before making a prediction on the game. Barring something very unusual though I would think at the very least we are looking at a very difficult, uphill battle given the injury and depth situations alone.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    aTm and LSU attacked the sides of the line, and the middle of the field against Auburn. They were pretty effective. I think we probably do the same. I think the bigger question is not Jalen, its our defense. I personally think Stidham is a statue waiting to be toppled, and I believe we are going to send the house against Auburn and dare Stidham to beat us. I fear Fitzgerald type qbs more than Stidham types because Stidham has shown he doesn't do well under pressure. I like our chances if no other injuries occur because you better believe that everyone will be talking up Auburn these next 2 weeks. If Auburn was going to beat UGA then we couldn't have asked for a better result for both games. IMO
    UGA was determined to keep trying to run between the tackles. I have no idea why.

BamaNation All-American

More reps isnt going to get these inexperienced guys ready for an SEC West deciding game. It's not that easy. Sure they could provide a few plays of rest for the starters. But it's going to be up to the guys that have been there all season.. Stidham has crazy accuracy. But when he gets pressured he folds like a tent... pressuring him will be the key

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

I was thinking about TOP (time of possession). I can’t see Auburn running the clock down every play like MSU did...it’s just not who they are on offense.

"They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I look for Bama to be very slightly favored in Vegas but A LOT of the sports punditry along with many others will predict an Auburn victory. We are decimated with injuries at key positions, the barn is playing well right now, they will have home field advantage, and fwiw history is not on our side( we have not won 4 or more in a row in the series 36 years running). Like some others I think I want to keep an eye out for any new developments over the next 8-10 days before making a prediction on the game. Barring something very unusual though I would think at the very least we are looking at a very difficult, uphill battle given the injury and depth situations alone.

IMO, streaks and such mean nothing. If they did, we could say Bama has won 7 of 9 against AU and 3 of 4 at "spooky" J-H. Bama is a great road team and beats AU more often than not, but those things don't mean much, it's this year's game. AU may have the best unit in the game on their side, DL, Bama will have the best player at the most important position. Psychologically, Bama will have the edge, as AU will be the "trendy" pick, but Bama will likely have the weakest soft spot, the one MLB spot. It will be difficult to hide, if it isn't shored up.

We will hear a lot about AU having the advantage when both programs are highly ranked, but it's a myth. Bama is 4-4 when both are ranked in the top 10, 1-1 when both are in the top 5. Of AU's 4 wins when both were top 10, it took 3 "strange" games going their way for them to win: '72, '10, '13. I.e., Bama could easily be 7-1. But again all of this historical stuff is essentially meaningless. I just bring up these numbers because others will, promoting the myth that Bama can't handle AU when both are good. The real questions are: how will Bama address the MLB situation, how will Bama handle the AU DL, how will AU handle Jalen, how will AU's secondary hold up against Ridley and Co, will Pruitt continue his mastery of Malzahn's O, etc. ?