Never too early to think of Iron Bowl
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Never too early to think of Iron Bowl

So with both teams playing what amounts to scrimmages next week, will Bama be favored to beat Auburn on the road? With Bama's injury issues on Defense, this game has me really worried.

2. Advertisement

Re: Never too early to think of Iron Bowl

Too early to discuss this. We're focused on Mercer this week. We really need to fix our game this week.. Can't have Rat poison in our head this week.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I think Auburn will be slightly favored. Although it wouldn't surprise me if we were slightly favored. I think you can make arguments for both teams. Anybody's game really.

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Too early to discuss this. We're focused on Mercer this week. We really need to fix our game this week.. Can't have Rat poison in our head this week.
    Please... we're not the team. We can discuss this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReturnToGlory View Post
    I think Auburn will be slightly favored. Although it wouldn't surprise me if we were slightly favored. I think you can make arguments for both teams. Anybody's game really.
    Right now, Alabama would be favored by 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Early line has Bama favored by 3.5.
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Early line has Bama favored by 3.5.
    We were favored by 10.5 before this last weekend. Wouldn’t be surprised to see AU favored by kickoff..

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    We were favored by 10.5 before this last weekend. Wouldn’t be surprised to see AU favored by kickoff..
    Possibly, but I think we will be -4.5 at the time of the kick.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinm View Post
    So with both teams playing what amounts to scrimmages next week, will Bama be favored to beat Auburn on the road? With Bama's injury issues on Defense, this game has me really worried.
    Kinda worried about the LBs, but I think we can work a lot of the kinks out against Mercer.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

I don't know about you all, but ever since the game left B'ham I have not called it the "Iron Bowl." It just isn't the same and I feel sorry for those of you who never experienced the stadium split down the middle...those were memories I will always carry with me.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPokerplayer View Post
    Kinda worried about the LBs, but I think we can work a lot of the kinks out against Mercer.
    I agree with this. Just like with the CSU and Fresno games after injuries agains Florida St, the coaches will get the young guys ready. But, didn’t the barn struggle with Mercer?
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Hopefully, we can take the entire group of starters out in the 2nd quarter against Mercer and let them get rested and ready for Auburn.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by melvinm View Post
    Moo.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnToGlory View Post
    I think this may be a hard one to bet. Honestly who has Auburn beat? All the same SEC West teams as BAMA. They was by an average score of 42-21. We won by an average score of 38-13.

The Barn gave up more points to all 5 than we did. They scored more in 3, we did in 2.

They lost to Clemson. A Clemson team in game 1 breaking in a new QB. A Clemson team that has looked pedestrian in several games. A Clemson team that lost to frekin Syracuse. They beat UGA but, how good is UGA? They play in the SEC East which is a dumpster fire. Tennessee, Vandy and MIZ couldn’t win CUSA or the AAC. Miami showed us who ND really is last night, an overrated team that the liberal elitist Northeast media loves to pump up. ....... and Kirk the Jerk want to bash our schedule but, ours is no worse than that of AU or UGA.

In the end, AU is gonna be tough to beat as we may be playing without our LG and playing with LB’s not on the 3 deep when the season started. I expect Nick will coach up the LB’s, devise a scheme to slow AU and give Jalen and the O a chance to put up enough points to give us a shot to escape with a victory. A 27-24 type ball game.

Whoever wins will likely destroy the Dawgs in ATL by 30+. UK and Tech very well may send them to ATL at 9-3.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban