Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn) - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Needing to be talked off the edge here!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    If we don't get things cleaned up, Auburn is going to boat race us and it won't even be close.

2. Advertisement

I think we will be fine.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

If we don't get things cleaned up, Auburn is going to boat race us and it won't even be close.
    Eeyoracle - or just spoken in the eeyoracular vernacular?

I think that we would all benefit from watching the game again. Here is what I learned from watching the game a second time:

Your offense actually played a lot better than I thought. I mean, a WHOLE LOT BETTER. You had 10 total offensive possessions. Let's talk about them:

1st - The worst possession of the game - 3 and out forced by a sack of Jalen on 3rd down. The sack came because #71 hurt his ankle on the play.
    2nd - 5 Plays, 75 yards - TD scored
    3rd - 5 Plays, 75 yards - TD scored
    4th - 3 and out, but only because of the "penalty" when contact forced Ridley OOB on the first down reception, but the refs didn't care.
    5th - Got terrible field position because of another great punt by MSU - essentially ran out the half, punting with 26 seconds remaining in the half
    6th - 7 Plays - 63 yards - FG scored
    7th - Your only other bad possession (one of only 2 bad possessions in the game) - 3 and out
    8th - 10 Plays - 82 yards - TD scored
    9th - 10 Plays - 57 yards - FG missed
    10th - 6 Plays, 68 yards - TD scored with 25 seconds remaining to win the game

So you had 9 meaningful possessions, scored on 5 of them and missed a FG on another. You only had 2 bad possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that we would all benefit from watching the game again. Here is what I learned from watching the game a second time:

Your offense actually played a lot better than I thought. I mean, a WHOLE LOT BETTER. You had 10 total offensive possessions. Let's talk about them:

1st - The worst possession of the game - 3 and out forced by a sack of Jalen on 3rd down. The sack came because #71 hurt his ankle on the play.
    2nd - 5 Plays, 75 yards - TD scored
    3rd - 5 Plays, 75 yards - TD scored
    4th - 3 and out, but only because of the "penalty" when contact forced Ridley OOB on the first down reception, but the refs didn't care.
    5th - Got terrible field position because of another great punt by MSU - essentially ran out the half, punting with 26 seconds remaining in the half
    6th - 7 Plays - 63 yards - FG scored
    7th - Your only other bad possession (one of only 2 bad possessions in the game) - 3 and out
    8th - 10 Plays - 82 yards - TD scored
    9th - 10 Plays - 57 yards - FG missed
    10th - 6 Plays, 68 yards - TD scored with 25 seconds remaining to win the game

So you had 9 meaningful possessions, scored on 5 of them and missed a FG on another. You only had 2 bad possessions.
    I started rewatching it last night and the DL looked about the same, but the LB's were not attacking the line of scrimmage as much. They looked to be catching the blockers more or not really seeing what was happening in front of them.

BamaNation First Team Saban4Ever's Avatar

I am not sure if your post is serious or not, but in the big scheme of things it is just a game. Having that mentality is easier said than done though. I am addicted to BAMA football and am a perfectionist who has been "processed". It makes me worried and upset to lose or have injuries that may cause us to lose when I know we should have won (ex. last year's Clemson game). It sometimes affects my anxiety issues worse too. But, I have to keep in mind that it is just a game and the outcome should not rule my life. There are more important things in life than a game.

I will try to find an article for you that I read a year or two ago from a man who was a church leader. He wrote an article about how he is a football fanatic and how he deals with it in his life. It puts everything in perspective.

I also want to point out that this was the worst special teams game played by Alabama in years. I mean, epicly bad. Muffed punt, bad decisions by KO returners, shanked punts, shanked KO when Scott tried for the pooch. On the flip side, they had the best special teams game of their year - probably ever. Their punter had zero punts downed inside the 20 before the Alabama game. He had 2 inside the 10 in this game. He looked like Scott in the game, and he has been very average going into the game.

So you lost special team in an epic way. Need to get that fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    LOL, I've never seen so much hand-wringing over a 10-0 team that's likely going to be ranked #1 in the CFP this week...
    lol true ... I bet the same fans will be hand-ringing until we win the championship this year. All I can say to the fans hat are worrying is be proud of this team for what they have been able to accomplish with the injuries and adversity they've faced. We took the best 3 and a half quarters MSU player all year and still beat them. (If MSU played like that all season that team would have been undefeated imo) We can only take it one game at a time and he next game up is Mercer. Everyone is going to give us their best game ... it is what it is and thats what we should expect. We just have to in turn give them our best game too. We have been fine and we will be fine.

It's a dangerous game. Auburn whipped Mississippi State 49-10 and obviously just hammered UGA. They look to be playing their best ball of the season.

I still think Alabama wins though. Should be a good game.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    That being said, we are slight underdogs against AU, no doubt...but that is not all bad.
    Nope. Even though the boogs are now the greatest thing since sliced bread, Bama is still favored by 3 on their home field. Remember 2015 when we were underdogs at Georgia for the first time in forever? Bama beat the brakes off them!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Re: Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

Hmm.... I just noticed that Mercer:

Scored 10 against Auburn

Scored 3 against Samford.

BamaNation All-SEC

Auburn hasn't "boat raced" Alabama since winning 49-26 in 1969. They've won 20 times in 47 tries since then (not a bad win percentage), and their largest margin of victory has been 10 points.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

Re: Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

Even with all the injuries, I still believe Bama will have better talent on the field than the barners and I know our guys will be prepared. There’s no doubt who has the better coaching staff. The Barn’s advantages will be playing at home and luck. I love our chances.