Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Big, the apocalyptic matchup of Alabama and Auburn in the Final 4 only takes place if your team takes out Wisconsin. If that happens, we will have a realistic shot whatever Oklahoma does. As RGW said, the best way for us is to win out. If we do that -- and your team does the same -- the Bucks may get a last-minute invite.

If Oklahoma and Wisconsin both drop a game, Alabama only gets left out if you are blown out by Auburn. If only one of those two drops a game, you are still probably in, but you would need for the loss to be very close. If both win out, Alabama would be out even if you lost in triple OT to Auburn.

ETA - the only games that should matter to Alabama from here out are the games in which it plays, and the games played by OU and Wisconsin

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Big, the apocalyptic matchup of Alabama and Auburn in the Final 4 only takes place if your team takes out Wisconsin. If that happens, we will have a realistic shot whatever Oklahoma does. As RGW said, the best way for us is to win out. If we do that -- and your team does the same -- the Bucks may get a last-minute invite.
I think that Alabama would get the nod if the loss was close. We lost twice, and neither game was close.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Needing to be talked off the edge here!

I'm not sure Auburn can stand the attention the media is giving them. While the Barn has had a drastic improvement in performance, and we have suffered from the injury bug... but...
They are still Auburn... S.N.A.S.S.

We still have the best coach in America. We have a heck of a Quarterback, several great Running Backs, and a capable group of Receivers. (No offense intended to Ridley.)
IMO: The biggest threat we face in the Iron Bowl would be if we don't perform as we have been trained.
2. While we did lose a number of players to injuries... Our 2s,3s, and 4s have stepped up their game. These guys who didn't start the season as starters are now seasoned players with a ton of experience. If our young guys can hold their blocks and not make silly mistakes we will be all right.

I expect a great game.
We know that Auburn will call a lot of trick plays... That's who they are.
WE KNOW AUBURN WILL PLAY 60 MINUTES. WE WILL TOO.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Seem like everyone is thinking Alabama will lose to Auburn based on the last few posts..
Eyeshade is right. However, we do have to remember that Vegas thought 3 points would level the betting and that has proven to be true. Granted that's perception. Personally, I think UGA was grossly overrated, given the terrible weakness of the east...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Eyeshade is right. However, we do have to remember that Vegas thought 3 points would level the betting and that has proven to be true. Granted that's perception. Personally, I think UGA was grossly overrated, given the terrible weakness of the east...
I agree just as UGA was hyped for ND win AU being hyped for UGA win.Not sure UGA or ND are so good as to be the catalyst to move a decent team into top 5 material. IB as always will be a good game, but barring us falling apart we should beat them even in auburn. We have many offensive weapons, and our D as beat up as they are are still pretty dang good.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
South Carolina is likely to finish with an 8-4 record despite losing critical offensive contributors early in the season. An awful Mizzou team early in the season has bounced back where they only need to beat either Vandy or Arkansas to go bowling.

The SEC East is just flat out bad. The three best teams in the conference are in the West.

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
I may be wrong, but I am starting to have a really good feeling about the barn game. I believe we are going to see a very focused Bama team against the barn.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
For the life of me, I don't understand why folks think the barn will win. Yes, we have injuries and didn't play well against MSU. Last time I checked, we have the best coach in the country. The boogs beat an overrated Georgia team. So what?

Our boys will be ready...

RTR!

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I'm very confident about everything from schemes to coaching to individual matchups. We're just better, I think similar in a lot of ways to the FSU game. Their QB is pretty good but can be rattled, their D is elite. Their OL is considerably better than FSU but their run game is a little suspect thanks to depth. KJ won't hold up to 30 plus carries against our D, even if it is a little soft up the middle. He will get hit, hard and often.

The only thing I'm worried about is that Jerrrrdaaann Hairrrr mojo. Will they get the home cooking? Will we suddenly be playing on a wet field even if it doesn't rain for days? Will they get away with something crazy like a pop pass with a lineman 15 yds downfield?

The answer to all of those questions could be yes. We have a lot more to overcome in this game than a straight-up game.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I think there is an overreaction to how close the State game was. However, Auburn's offensive strength plays right into our weakness due to injuries. I think we can outscore them regardless. I also think with two weeks to prep/heal from LSU injuries, we will be much better on run defense than against State. If Stidham was mobile, I'd be more concerned.

We forget since Saban's first year, Aubie hasn't been close to beating us without help from us. 2010 we took our foot off the gas and had uncharacteristic mistakes. 2013 we played too conservative offensively with Nuss's plays and missed 3 FG. And even then they needed $Cam and a once in a lifetime play to beat us.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
We are most definitely capable of winning but we will be at a definite disadvantage with 7 of our best players not available for the game. That cannot help but have an impact, the only way it won't is if the barn commits a bunch of unforced errors and gift wraps the victory for us--and I don't see that happening. The BEST TEAM usually wins this game but that has always been coupled with the assumption that the best team would not be decimated with injuries.

Scared? No. Concerned? YES, ABSOLUTELY.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wouldn't put too much stock in Auburn's lackadaisical performance thus far today. It's a classic trap - they're coming off a HUGE win over number one and have the big game next week. Their minds aren't in the game.

If we play OUR game, we beat Auburn. This is not the 2013 team that can sneak up on folks.

But if we don't play our game, Auburn is good enough to beat us.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wouldn't put too much stock in Auburn's lackadaisical performance thus far today. It's a classic trap - they're coming off a HUGE win over number one and have the big game next week. Their minds aren't in the game.

If we play OUR game, we beat Auburn. This is not the 2013 team that can sneak up on folks.

But if we don't play our game, Auburn is good enough to beat us.
Fair point and I agree.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I really need you guys to talk me down. After last night’s lackluster performance by the defense I have my doubts we can hang in there with aubie, much less make a playoff and national championship run. Y’all please tell me I’m overreacting!!!
How far down is it from that ledge, anything less than 20', just go home or find another launch point?
JUMP before the Fire Rescue Truck's get there with their net's!
Be less expensive that way, they'll just have to use shovel's!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.