Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

I appreciate the concerns about the defense, however, after rewatching the game, especially the fourth quarter, several leaders emerged on offense. I think these guys will carry the team, even if that means an Oklahoma type win (which I seriously doubt ever happens to Alabama).
    Jalen > Stidem
    Calvin best receiver in the country
    Damien made some serious blitz pickups in the last two drives.
    Josh ⚡️ for the offense

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    You mean the super Eeyores, the standard Eeyores, and the fans who have been paying attention during Alabama games over the last 10 years?
    To be fair 2 isn't a condemnation of Bama but an exultation of Auburn. Acknowledging that Bama will need to execute at the top of their level isn't doubting Bama but giving due to the opponents skill level.

I feel as though I can say #2 and still feel confident that we come out with a win.

I would not agree with anybody who thinks Auburn are pretenders. Yes, they have faults that can be exposed by the talent and firepower of Bama but they have also been playing to a high standard themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation First Team snake plissken's Avatar

Don't worry, the cow college will be playing the REAL #1 team in 2 weeks!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    To be fair 2 isn't a condemnation of Bama but an exultation of Auburn. Acknowledging that Bama will need to execute at the top of their level isn't doubting Bama but giving due to the opponents skill level.

I feel as though I can say #2 and still feel confident that we come out with a win.

I would not agree with anybody who thinks Auburn are pretenders. Yes, they have faults that can be exposed by the talent and firepower of Bama but they have also been playing to a high standard themselves.

Remember, we are fanatics (fans). All we have to do is believe.

Remember, we are fanatics (fans). All we have to do is believe.
    Thank God. Bama would be way worse if I had anything to do with it that made an impact.

ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by uofaJO1987 View Post
    First off thanks guys. Second, not a troll or an eeyore as some accusations on the thread stated. Iíve been on the site since 2011. I just donít post very often. And after reading selmaborntidefanís post Iím all better now. Also liked the objective view of the OSU guy. Letís forget about this thread.
    As you can tell, there's a contingent here who, it's safe to say, don't have second jobs manning a suicide prevention hotline...
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.Ē

- Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    As you can tell, there's a contingent here who, it's safe to say, don't have second jobs manning a suicide prevention hotline...
    Did you see the "Empathy Quotient" thread over in NS? We couldn't care less.

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

I almost started a thread about this, but I think it would fit better here. Coaches always try to keep their team focused, regardless of who the opponent is. Coach Saban talks about "rat poison." Coach Stallings said, "If you think any game isn't a big one, just go out there and lose it." And so on....

But having said that, we all know that these are young men who play the game, and they're going to do what they're going to do.

Is there a possibility that maybe, just a little bit, they were looking past MSU because they're so geared up for Auburn?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I notice we dived into basically three camps.

1. Pot-banger camp: We will be lucky to win another game.

2. Concerned camp: We better bring our A-game.

3. Sunshine Pumper camp: No worry, no problem, no concern.
    It's always been that way. During the Shula years it was predominantly #1 though. I'll take it how it is and maintain that a nuanced opinion is preferable to being a prisoner of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Thank God. Bama would be way worse if I had anything to do with it that made an impact.

And yet we all have our superstitions, rituals, and play our little parts

BamaNation All-American

Auburn is better than I thought. Their DL is disruptive and Kerryon is better than I wanted to acknowledge. But Jalen, Damien, Calvin, and Minkah are awfully good. I like our team, as does a fella who knows way more about football than me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    I almost started a thread about this, but I think it would fit better here. Coaches always try to keep their team focused, regardless of who the opponent is. Coach Saban talks about "rat poison." Coach Stallings said, "If you think any game isn't a big one, just go out there and lose it." And so on....

But having said that, we all know that these are young men who play the game, and they're going to do what they're going to do.

Is there a possibility that maybe, just a little bit, they were looking past MSU because they're so geared up for Auburn?

Just a thought.
    Also, lest anyone forget, Bama has the dreaded and effective REC. Even in Jordan-Hare/Pat Dye field/Tuberville/Chizk/GusBus complex we can buy off the ref's. Aubie boards are always claiming the REC buys the ref's and that is why they can't beat us. Do they think the REC is bankrupt?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

First, understand that your defensive game plan against MSU was vastly different than the game plan that you will have for AU. You did not attack the offense because you were worried about their QB's rushing game - he was the best RB on their team, and you played "safe" because of that. Against Auburn, you will get back to blitzing and attacking the LOS.

Second, your team was exhausted after the LSU game. It will be well rested for Auburn.

Third, You had only one week to prepare for MSU after losing both ILBs in the LSU game. You will have another 2 weeks to prepare for Auburn without those guys.

Finally, you won't have to worry about any "rat poison" over the next 2 weeks. Everyone will be picking Auburn in that game. That is going to get this Alabama team fired up, and I just can't see you guys losing a game like this when you are totally focused in your preparation.

I think that Alabama will win by 20+ points.
    I haven't read this whole thread but this is exactly right. (maybe minus the bama by 20+ part).

Also, not only do we not have to worry about "rat poison" we are going to get some motivation from the media. Already there are articles calling this the "worst Nick Saban Team since 2010" and such.

There are real concerns going into this game with our defense. Injuries are clearly taking a toll and we have to be better against the run. But, the good news is that this offense looks like its on the brink of being one of if not the most dangerous of the Saban era if it can find more consistency from the OL and play calling. The steps Jalen has taken the last 2 weeks are very real. He is climbing the pocket better and looking down field (and throwing strikes) when he leaves the pocket. I still think Jacobs needs to be involved more consistently though. This offense feels really close to something special. (the OL is my biggest concern on offense by far)
    Last edited by RollTide_HTTR; November 14th, 2017 at 08:08 AM.