Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn) - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    I appreciate the concerns about the defense, however, after rewatching the game, especially the fourth quarter, several leaders emerged on offense. I think these guys will carry the team, even if that means an Oklahoma type win (which I seriously doubt ever happens to Alabama).
    Jalen > Stidem
    Calvin best receiver in the country
    Damien made some serious blitz pickups in the last two drives.
    Josh ⚡️ for the offense
    I watched it again as well...unbelievable football. Why we didn't keep running the sweep on the drive that resulted in a missed fg I will never understand. They were worn out and we were pumped, blocking the ends easily. They could not get outside fast enough to stop us. Yes to Damien -- he really ran and blocked well.

If we could get that 4th Q. team to show up for a whole game -- no one short of the NFL could stop us.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    Why we didn't keep running the sweep on the drive that resulted in a missed fg I will never understand. They were worn out and we were pumped, blocking the ends easily. They could not get outside fast enough to stop us.
    It reminded me of the game that we kept running Ingram out of the wildcat every play until he scored the touchdown!!! He was gassed but they couldn’t stop it! I believe we should keep calling the play until they stop it especially when big gains are being made!!!

RTR!!!! Not worried because we have the talent and we have the coaching!!! It doesn’t always translate to a win (see Clemson last year) but I like our chances!!!!!

It's interesting to read through this thread. If I didn't know better, I'd think we lost to MSU. The fact of the matter is, we did not. They had more time of possession, but we beat them in almost every other category. We had more rushing yards (on fewer attempts). We had more passing yards (on fewer attempts). In the 4th quarter we had over 200 yards of total offense and scored 14 points. They had less than 30 yards and scored 3 points. And the final score was 31-24 - BAMA!

As for Auburn, their QB has improved with every game - but he's still not the threat that Jalen is. I'd rather have Jalen than Stidham. Johnson is a beast at RB - but he's all they have. We have 4 guys who are all studs. I'd rather have Bo, Damien, Josh, and Najee than Johnson. They don't have any receivers as good as Ridley - and we have several other receivers who can score on any given play. We have TEs that can catch the ball - and make big plays after the catch.

They have a stout defense and they are definitely peaking at the right time - or did they peak last week against UGA? But keep in mind, they also have 2 losses - one of those to a team we beat. We, on the other hand, are undefeated and have returned to the #1 ranking that we held most of the season.

And, to top it off, our coach is Nick Saban. Their coach is Gus Malzahn.

Bring on the Tigers. It's time for the Tide to Roll!
    Last edited by mlh; November 14th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

It still feels good to be in this position again.I hope everyone appreciates what Coach Saban has been able to do for us every single year.We get to enjoy a full season every single year,never out of it early.It's really a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    If we could get that 4th Q. team to show up for a whole game -- no one short of the NFL could stop us.
    I think we do every week, it's our depth compared to other teams depth that you are seeing in the 4th quarter.

10th 10-win season in a row and some people don't believe. SMH
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

As long as the starter Holcomb was replacing comes back we will be fine!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    10th 10-win season in a row and some people don't believe. SMH
    This. I know we can't win them all, but I never go into a game thinking we will lose.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team TomFromBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    I almost started a thread about this, but I think it would fit better here. Coaches always try to keep their team focused, regardless of who the opponent is. Coach Saban talks about "rat poison." Coach Stallings said, "If you think any game isn't a big one, just go out there and lose it." And so on....

But having said that, we all know that these are young men who play the game, and they're going to do what they're going to do.

Is there a possibility that maybe, just a little bit, they were looking past MSU because they're so geared up for Auburn?

Just a thought.
    Respectfully, I think I posted about this issue earlier in this thread, or perhaps in another thread. But - Alabama has a HISTORY of slumping the week after LSux, Particularly when the LSu game is close and hard fought. That's what got us in 2012 when aTm came to Tuscaloosa, and its probably PART of what troubled us last weekend. That, and the fact that MSU played at a Very high level the whole night.

Had MSU played Every game at the same level they played us, and LSux, and aTm, they'd probably be 9-1 right now.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92teamownsall View Post
    As long as the starter Holcomb was replacing comes back we will be fine!
    Well, since he replaced SDH he will not be coming back. You off the bandwagon now?

BamaNation All-American

Just a couple weeks ago, we had a thread about the inevitability of our NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest
    I notice we dived into basically three camps.

1. Pot-banger camp: We will be lucky to win another game.

2. Concerned camp: We better bring our A-game.

3. Sunshine Pumper camp: No worry, no problem, no concern.
    I'm guessing CNS is firmly in camp #2
    11011001 11010110 11010011 11010011 01000000 11100011 11001001 11000100 11000101

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

I would say that once you start worrying about games (like this or any other coming up), when you win it's no fun. Because it's just relief that you didn't lose. When that starts to happen it is truly time to take up another hobby. I promise you none of the players and coaches are thinking along these lines.

I heard the players took a vote and they decided they *will* be going to Jordan-Hare Nov 25 to play Auburn.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.