Needing to be talked off the ledge here! (he's scared of auburn)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Needing to be talked off the edge here!

You can quote stats all day long, but that was a lackluster performance to watch. I've not seen us get pushed around like that in almost a decade and I had friends close to the program say the same thing.

If we don't get things cleaned up, Auburn is going to boat race us and it won't even be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I conclude none of you all watched the LSU game then?

Because LSU pushed us around more than MSU did - on both sides of the ball.

You're correct we have some concerns to address as well as the fact that statistics are a window but not a taskmaster.

By the same token, I didn't see MSU firing off 600 yards against us as happened in the 2013 ATM game, either.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Stop this nonsense! I guarantee that behind all the Aubarn bravado they are a lot more concerned about us than we are about them.
We have better talent overall, better field general, better coaching, better program, more fans by a mile and a defense tailor made for their offense. And obviously sportswriters and coaches throughout the country think we are a better team.

Why all the hand wringing?????

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

You can quote stats all day long, but that was a lackluster performance to watch. I've not seen us get pushed around like that in almost a decade and I had friends close to the program say the same thing.

If we don't get things cleaned up, Auburn is going to boat race us and it won't even be close.

Moo...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Very good analysis B1GTide

Exactly, Here is an OSU guy who is more objective than many on this site and he has expressed a very rational reason why the MSU game is not a true indicator of how the IB will go.

Thanks B1GTide

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Worry all you like, fact remains they run a offense our defense is built to stop. Run and a QB that is pretty much no threat with his feet. I see us stuffing the run fairly well, and we will pick off their QB at least 2 times. Between jalens arm and feet we will move the ball, and our RB's will pound it out. May not be a blow out but I see us controlling this game like we did LSU. Aubs run the type team we are geared for. Our depleted line backing core may give them some plays but not the game. They will be able to play more run protection and get pressure on their QB. I say we win by 10 or so. Gus always wins one big game then goes back to his 8-4 7-5 ways. They will come out fired up feeling all big after UGA win, then realize that was thier one good game this year. Gus bus in a ditch, pushed there by Bama.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This has to be GrayTide or Deliveryman's 2nd account. Only those 2 can eeyore this hard lol
I’m beginning to think the eeyores are either A) one troll with many accounts or B) they are multiplying at an alarming rate and that we are about to have a serious infestation here. ;)

Attack of the moping eeyores

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Actually, we should be thanking Auburn for exposing Georgia, and giving coach Saban a clear blueprint to beat Georgia. Auburn left it all out on the field last Saturday, and we will have two weeks to work on our linebackers. I feel good about this season. BAMA is number one, and undefeated right now. Roll Tide

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
WOW!

Should we be concerned? Yes. Should we expect to be boat raced? No.

The ball bounces funny sometimes. Stupid penalties happen. Truth is without the "leaping" penalty (which has just recently started being fully enforced) MSU gets their confidence shaken right off the bat and it's a different game altogether. Uncle "Mo" gets in the way sometimes.

Take a breath. Lean against the wall. Walk carefully to the window. If you don't feel better by then, well........................

RTR!!!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I really need you guys to talk me down. After last night’s lackluster performance by the defense I have my doubts we can hang in there with aubie, much less make a playoff and national championship run. Y’all please tell me I’m overreacting!!!
Their A game will beat our B game.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Actually, we should be thanking Auburn for exposing Georgia, and giving coach Saban a clear blueprint to beat Georgia. Auburn left it all out on the field last Saturday, and we will have two weeks to work on our linebackers. I feel good about this season. BAMA is number one, and undefeated right now. Roll Tide
Just jumping in here, but replying to several: Yes, we really SHOULD "THANK" aub for blowing out UGa, for the reasons stated above, AND because it GUARANTEES complete focus from our players, Fights any chance of "Complacency" and virtually insures good practices - all of which are vital.

AND, at least raises the POTENTIAL for some "Rat Poison" effect to hit the boog team, as they have to be Sky High right now and REALLY liking their chances of repeating the fluke of 2013.

Likewise, we should "THANK" MSU for playing their best game (by far) of the season - which also should prevent any hint of complacency, esp. by the Defense.

Reasons to be concerned - aub DOES have a good enough team to beat us IF they outperform us.

Reasons NOT to be concerned - (believe it or not) Half of the SEC teams we've played this year ALSO have a "good enough" team to beat us, IF they had outperformed us. So far?. . . .

A couple other random thoughts (and forgive me as some of these have been touched on) -
BUT -
We seem to forget that Alabama had developed a pattern of SLUMPING the week after the LSux game, at least in the past decade when UA and LSux have (usually) been the best two teams in the West.

It was JUST this sort of slump that cost us the 2012 aTm game - when our guys came out flat and lethargic, thinking they were facing a "typical" mediocre aggy squad. And as we all know, the first quarter of that game is what won the Hypeman Trophy for Johnny Sleazeball.

I think it was Selma that mentioned tabulating averages to predict scores? I've been doing this for years, using "uncorrected" numbers for Scoring O and Scoring D as reported by the NZAA official stats, and taking simple averages - UA's Scoring O vs. the Opponent's Scoring D to get our score, and vice versa to get the opponent's score.

For LSux, I got 31.5 - 18.6 (-12.9) - overshot by just over One TD for each team, but the margin was pretty close - actual score - 24-10 (-14)
For MSU, I got 29.5 - 21.9 (-7.6) - obviously, this crude metric doesn't account for injuries; Still, not so far off when the actual score was 31 -24. (-7)

Just "FWIW", as the numbers stack up today - the same very crude, very "Rough" average yields the following:
UA - aub: UA 28.4 - aub 24.2 (~UA -4)
UA - UGa: UA 27.2 - UGa 22.9 (~UA -4)
UA -Clem: UA 27.5 - Clm 22.0 (~UA -5)
UA - Mia: UA 28.3 - MIA 21.9 (~UA -6)
UA - OU: UA 33.7 - OU 27.8 (~UA -6)

Again, just a crude calculation for "fun" only: No Waging, Please! ;)

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Lets not make this barn team something they are not. don't forget this team only had a 17-10 lead with less than minutes to go in the game against mercer. they also gave up a 20 point lead against lsu who, also, is NOT all of a sudden a top 5 team. let's just take a deep breath and give our coaches a chance to do what they always do and the players to do what they always do. DOMINATE that team on the other side of the state! RTR!!!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I work with 4 Auburn grads. 3 of them say the same thing. Blowing out UGA and Alabama getting by the skin of their teeth was the worst thing to happen to Auburn. They think Auburn/Gus will come in too confident. (the 4th is from South Korea and doesn’t really care or know enough about football).

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I notice we dived into basically three camps.

1. Pot-banger camp: We will be lucky to win another game.

2. Concerned camp: We better bring our A-game.

3. Sunshine Pumper camp: No worry, no problem, no concern.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.