Does Chip Kelly even want to coach college football? I've read he hates recruiting.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Does Chip Kelly even want to coach college football? I've read he hates recruiting.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hard to say, but I've heard he's Saban-like in his demand for complete control of the program, so any school that hires him will have to be ready to give him control.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Just from the things I've read about him and heard on tv. He submerges himself into his job much like Saban. Spends A TON of time breaking down film, is very meticulous in how he does things and wants things done. I'm not sure if I believe this or not, but one time I did hear that during football season he puts a bed in his office and sleeps there. He's not married, has no children so is able to do something that extreme.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I've read that CCK really wants to stay in the NFL, and for him, a big part is the challenge of winning with his system. He still believes (despite evidence to the contrary) that his system can work.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I think Chip Kelly is the best college coach out there not named Saban or Meyer. I think he has a brilliant offensive mind. He does lack charisma and may not be a naturally good recruiter, but he can hire people for that in his next job. If he can make the Oregon Ducks a good program, he would be formidable at a place like Florida, LSU, or Texas.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Lots of smoke about Kelly to UF lately, but no substance yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I think Chip Kelly is the best college coach out there not named Saban or Meyer. I think he has a brilliant offensive mind. He does lack charisma and may not be a naturally good recruiter, but he can hire people for that in his next job. If he can make the Oregon Ducks a good program, he would be formidable at a place like Florida, LSU, or Texas.
No offense, but you do realize that Oregon is one of THE very best financed CFB programs in any conference, right?

Nike’s founder Phil Knight is an Oregon grad and pumps Millions into that program. They have facilities that rival anything on any College campus.

I realize they have to import most of their talent, but Chip also inherited a very strong program that Bellotti spent years building. Bellotti won the PAC-12 twice and his last two Oregon teams won 19 games before Chip assumed command.

A very different situation than what the next UF coach will face...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
No offense, but you do realize that Oregon is one of THE very best financed CFB programs in any conference, right?

Nike’s founder Phil Knight is an Oregon grad and pumps Millions into that program. They have facilities that rival anything on any College campus.

I realize they have to import most of their talent, but Chip also inherited a very strong program that Bellotti spent years building. Bellotti won the PAC-12 twice and his last two Oregon teams won 19 games before Chip assumed command.

A very different situation than what the next UF coach will face...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No offense taken at all.

Of course, I realize U of O is well funded by Phil Knight. To be fair, there are many teams in the country that have lots of money and great facilities that are perennial failures. And Bellotti did a fine job in his tenure there, I believe he was AD when Chip Kelly was coaching too.

I just think Chip Kelly did a great job expanding on that foundation. He did a great job with the offense and made the Ducks a national team. That's impressive to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.