Thoughts on scripted plays to start games and if we run them. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar

Re: Thoughts on scripted plays to start games and if we run them.

It seems to me that we often have too many long-developing pass plays. We outclass 90% of the teams we play in the regular season and just simple, quick routes would be devastating.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer. :)

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I cannot recall the name of the system, but Alabama uses a system to determine number of plays in a given week each player can play and still be healthy at the end of the season. I think it's used by some pro teams. Basically, I think the system may say that Damien Harris needs rest to maintain his effectiveness at some point and they chose the past few weeks to rely on Bo and just put Damien in when needed.
    Coach Saban was asked a question about this system a couple of weeks ago at the press conference and he even made a comment about how good of a question it was from the reporter. Coach spoke about the question for a little bit. I have been wondering if D. Harris was not at his optimal numbers is the reason he is not getting more of a load. It makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I believe all teams, college and pro, run a scripted number of plays, the number depending on the OC. Kiffin ran far more than most, but his offense was predicated more than most on setting up the defense for a kill. What puzzled me most was not probing their edges in the first half at all. Then in the second half, when it showed that it was their weakness, partially because of personnel and partially because they were so committed to the middle, we would gash them on the edges and then go right back to between tackles, where they were waiting. Sometimes, it's just puzzling to me...
    My question as well...they were so tired they could not get to the edge in any reasonable shape to make a tackle. So we run back inside where they don't have to move...and where we could not run most of the day. Sometimes we outsmart ourselves.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I cannot recall the name of the system, but Alabama uses a system to determine number of plays in a given week each player can play and still be healthy at the end of the season. I think it's used by some pro teams. Basically, I think the system may say that Damien Harris needs rest to maintain his effectiveness at some point and they chose the past few weeks to rely on Bo and just put Damien in when needed.
    Catapault System
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson