Cowherd Guarantees Auburn Victory over Bama

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Last edited:

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ill-lose-auburn-iron-bowl-grills-crimson-tide

Cowherd again picked against the Crimson Tide, stating that they’ll suffer their first loss of the season when they travel to Auburn for the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25.
I'm reminded of a fellow I knew many decades ago as an Undergrad college student. His "theory" was that if you stand on a street corner and ask every female that passes if they would have "relations" with you, you might get slapped in the face a lot, but you will eventually find someone who says yes. And even if you only get 1% positive responses, if you ask enough women, even 1% adds up.

Same deal with mindless "shock jock" personalities like this guy. Logic dictates that no one wins all their games forever, so if you ALWAYS predict that Alabama will lose, EVENTUALLY you will be "right" - if only due to persistence.

I'd actually be more worried if he predicted that we'd WIN the game..... ;)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Honestly, I don't think he dislikes Alabama. Both he and John Katz picked us to beat Clemson last year.
What Cowherd faces is bosses saying "keep those ratings up or be gone".
If he said, "Bama is the best and nobody has a chance against them", he'd lose the majority of his listenership.
An Ohio State fan doesn't want to hear that proclamation. It takes away their hope.
An Oklahoma fan isn't going to tune in to listen to that. They don't won't to hear it.
I know we as Bama fans hate hearing a prediction that we're going to get beat, but remember, every other fan base in America absolutely loves it. That, unfortunately, is who they're trying to reach because of the ad dollars.
There's way more of "them" than they're is of "Us"....and that means more dollars.
I'm just saying, in reality, that's all it is.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Honestly, I don't think he dislikes Alabama. Both he and John Katz picked us to beat Clemson last year.
What Cowherd faces is bosses saying "keep those ratings up or be gone".
If he said, "Bama is the best and nobody has a chance against them", he'd lose the majority of his listenership.
An Ohio State fan doesn't want to hear that proclamation. It takes away their hope.
An Oklahoma fan isn't going to tune in to listen to that. They don't won't to hear it.
I know we as Bama fans hate hearing a prediction that we're going to get beat, but remember, every other fan base in America absolutely loves it. That, unfortunately, is who they're trying to reach because of the ad dollars.
There's way more of "them" than they're is of "Us"....and that means more dollars.
I'm just saying, in reality, that's all it is.
This may be true, but with Bama win loss record last ten years how dumb is it to pick aginst them all the time? This is the sad state of sports TV and most TV. Ratings matter more than content. And like so many they play to the lowest common denominator. Play to the stupid people who still think that Saban is leaving, the heck with facts LOL

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good news! He works for Fox.
Just goes to show how long it has been since I watched him or ESPN, I skip most sports shows now. They all look for shock value, not accuracy in reporting. They all play to get a few more viewers by being outrageous. Sad state of affairs in most of so called sports or any news today. I scan a few online sites for Bama news and watch games. Otherwise I ignore most sports news outlets. I used to enjoy sport shows to get info, they just try to out hype each other for ratings now. You learn nothing from them now.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Actually, he was fired and had to catch on at a different network... :D
Then I take back what I said about ESPN if they fired him. I watch very little sports TV any more it is all so over hyped crap. I watch lots of games but not the talk and pregame shows as most are useless for any real info. I had no idea he had been canned and moved to new network LOL. Guess I should not comment on folks who I do not follow enough to know where they are working DOH:confused:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here's the thing - I believe that Alabama will win and can explain why. I can point to personnel advantages, schemes, coaches, etc that give Alabama a decided edge. But only a fool with an ego too big to measure would guarantee that one college football team will beat another when both are talented and have everything to gain with a victory. TV show or not - this guy is an absolute tool.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I'm reminded of a fellow I knew many decades ago as an Undergrad college student. His "theory" was that if you stand on a street corner and ask every female that passes if they would have "relations" with you, you might get slapped in the face a lot, but you will eventually find someone who says yes. And even if you only get 1% positive responses, if you ask enough women, even 1% adds up.
Whoa! You went to college with Harvey Weinstein?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I didnt read the thread. This trash belongs in non sports. I would love to see a mod move it. But that wont happen.
Because it doesn't belong in non-sports? Where we have such quality non trash threads as the Movie Trailer Thread and more information on midget trannies than you can shake a stick at.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
He's a personality. And not one I like very much. But he knows that picking against Bama gets the attention.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.