Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS

I've come to the conclusion that I'm about the only person the planet that likes Gary Danielson.
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm about the only person the planet that likes Gary Danielson.
    You're not. I like him as well. There's not one announcer that doesn't do something that (if I listen to them long enough) will irritate me. Maybe that's just something being wrong with me. LOL! Gary's no different, but he's one heck of a game analyst.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I'm there with you. As others discussed, his knack for nailing what is about to happen is impressive. Sure, he's annoying, but I find myself overlooking it. I enjoy the CBS broadcast much more with Nessler by his side.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Nah, apparently there're 3 or 4 of us.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you play the 2013 game reference drinking game, you may die of alcohol poisoning.

I think the stupid nickname for that 2013 game should be illegal on Tidefans and automatic suspension.
    I second the motion.

BamaNation First Team

I will take an afternoon game listening to Gary over a late ESPN game that keeps me at the house all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    People call Danielson an idiot and talk about how annoying he is, but the fact of the matter is the guy knows football. Does he have his quirks that get annoying? Yep. But they all do. If I listen to an announcer long enough there will be things that they say or do that are annoying to me.
    I kind of agree but (and maybe this is nostalgia) I don't think I ever got tired of Keith Jackson. He just had 'IT' and almost elevated the prestige of any game he called.

Fowler is pretty good with Herbstreit but they can be annoying in blowout games when they are trying to find something to talk about.

Danielson though.....I mean I agree he knows his X's and O's....he's not dumb....but he is SOOOO insufferable at times with the way he goes ON and ON about the same things.

I really don't think he's fully unbiased either. He really seems to relish seeing us in a dogfight/upsets and it never feels like it's because he just 'wants a good game'.

He also NEVER turns down an opportunity to rub our noses in past miscues. If he can find a way to bring up Tebow, Garcia, Cam, Manziel, Bo Wallace, The 1 second play, Trevor Knight, Chad Kelly etc etc.....you better believe he'll do it.

He's man crush on Tebow was beyond nauseating. I don't really remember him being very excited about us being competitive in the 2008 SECCG or taking the Gators dreams away in 2009 either.

But Maybe I just don't flat like him though. That's possible.
    Last edited by tusks_n_raider; November 13th, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

I like Gary overall when you hear him vs. some other commentators. He generally does his homework and is intelligent when speaking about the game.

His main flaw is that he likes to point out something... and stay with it the whole game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

He is GMac's role model.

BamaNation First Team

I am surprised ESPN has not hired him, they seem to love idiots on that network these days. he would fit right in until he does another "AJ McCarron girlfriend rant" then he will be fired like the rest of the folks who cannot just stop talking sometimes.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I kind of agree but (and maybe this is nostalgia) I don't think I ever got tired of Keith Jackson. He just had 'IT' and almost elevated the prestige of any game he called.

Fowler is pretty good with Herbstreit but they can be annoying in blowout games when they are trying to find something to talk about.

Danielson though.....I mean I agree he knows his X's and O's....he's not dumb....but he is SOOOO insufferable at times with the way he goes ON and ON about the same things.

I really don't think he's fully unbiased either. He really seems to relish seeing us in a dogfight/upsets and it never feels like it's because he just 'wants a good game'.

He also NEVER turns down an opportunity to rub our noses in past miscues. If he can find a way to bring up Tebow, Garcia, Cam, Manziel, Bo Wallace, The 1 second play, Trevor Knight, Chad Kelly etc etc.....you better believe he'll do it.

He's man crush on Tebow was beyond nauseating. I don't really remember him being very excited about us being competitive in the 2008 SECCG or taking the Gators dreams away in 2009 either.

Keith Jackson was the best ever, he stuck to the game he was covering. He only talked about relevant info to the game he was doing. And he knew when to let go of something, and not beat it to death. There is no one on any network even close to Jackson. Sad that in this day and the money they pay, they cannot find good commentators. My opinion is they need to quit hiring ex players and hire professional communication grads who have worked in radio and TV for years. Just cause you know a sport does not make you a good announcer. You need good personalities with skill and let some ex jock feed them stats on the sport, or be side kick to explain plays. Many of the old gaurd like Jaqckson had done it so long they were also students of the game, but they were TV and Radio personalities and professionals. Not some washed up ex QB talking like uncle bob at the house on saturday reliving his glory days as a player.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post

I really don't think he's fully unbiased either. He really seems to relish seeing us in a dogfight/upset and it never feels like it's because he just 'want's a good game'.

He's just not your flavor of ice cream. That's why there's so many flavors.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

If he would mention the ending of the 2013 game once (hopefully early in the broadcast) and not mention it again, he would less get on my nerves.
    I swear, he'll mention that one play half a dozen times at the Iron Bowl.
    If he mentioned Coach Saban in 2008 telling the offense "Don't you know how much I hate these guys!?!" once for every mention of the 2013 game, it would grate a little less.
    Or the other games under Coach Saban's tenure that were such curb-stompings of the Booger-eaters that a missed field goal returned for a TD would simply be an oddity or the one bright spot in a very dismal day for the Barn, "You know Brad in 2008, it would have taken five kick-sixes for Auburn to win, because Alabama was crushing Auburn so badly that year. And in 2012, it would have taken eight kick-sixes for Auburn to win! What a Auburn beat-down that was."
    If he said something like that, I'd be a little more forgiving of the constant "You know, Brad, back in 2013..."