Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He's just not your flavor of ice cream. That's why there's so many flavors.
    Yes but some flavors are so horrible they should be discontinued, He is the equavilent of anchoive with hot sauce and spinach flavored ice cream. JUST bad period.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    Yes but some flavors are so horrible they should be discontinued, He is the equavilent of anchoive with hot sauce and spinach flavored ice cream. JUST bad period.
    I feel the same way about mint chocolate ice cream. Yet my wife thinks its the best flavor ever made. It makes me sick to my stomach.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

I like Gary pretty well when he is calling a close game. Fortunately, we don't play in a lot of close games, so Gary has to ramble to try to keep things interesting. When he is just talking about the game, he is a solid analyst. When he rambles, he becomes annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I like Gary pretty well when he is calling a close game. Fortunately, we don't play in a lot of close games, so Gary has to ramble to try to keep things interesting. When he is just talking about the game, he is a solid analyst. When he rambles, he becomes annoying.
    It's not uncommon for announcers to ramble and chase rabbits when filling space. Anybody remember the "What about Britney Spears?!" comment from Mike Patrick that ultimately got him demoted, never to return to anything prime time. It caught Todd Blackledge so off guard it was pathetic.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

I like Danielson until he starts taking delight in the possibility that Bama might get beat. It won't just be the kick 6, we’ll get to see Greg Grant footage from 1972 and Mark Ingram’s fumble in the Cam game.

Playing the boogs is a nightmare. Danielson delights in making it worse.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm about the only person the planet that likes Gary Danielson.
    nah, you're not alone. I think he's probably my favorite color guy. What others said is true, he hangs onto a point too long sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He is GMac's role model.
    i think he's okay, but GMc has a long way to go. He is still too reliant on cliché and hyperbole, at least for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    It's not uncommon for announcers to ramble and chase rabbits when filling space. Anybody remember the "What about Britney Spears?!" comment from Mike Patrick that ultimately got him demoted, never to return to anything prime time. It caught Todd Blackledge so off guard it was pathetic.
    I had no heard of that before and just looked it on YouTube. Gave me a good laugh..

BamaNation Second Team

I find it interesting people comparing Danielson to Keith Jackson. Keith Jackson was the best play by play man all time. Danielson is a color commentator. They have completely different roles. It may be better to compare Danielson to Jackson's color commentator partners, including Jackie Jensen (1966–1967), Lee Grosscup (1972–1973), Bud Wilkinson (1969–1975), Ara Parseghian (1975–1980), Frank Broyles (1978–1985), Lynn Swann (1984–1985), Tim Brant (1986, 2001–2002), Bob Griese (1987–1999), and Dan Fouts(2002–2005).

Also, I am not surprised Danielson repeats himself. With TV coverage at nearly every Bama game combined with Bama's dominance, I bet Danielson has covered more Alabama games in the past decade than Keith Jackson did in a 50 year college football commentating career.

At times he annoys me, but I also think we are hypersensitive because he has covered Alabama so many times over the past decade. Familiarity breeds contempt.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I don't really like any national broadcasters when watching Alabama or Ohio State play. I am too emotionally involved in those games to be interested in someone who is trying to keep your standard college football viewers interested in the game. I don't want interesting "color" or odd factoids. What I want is someone telling me what is happening in the game that may not be obvious to me at the time, but without spin to make it seem "more interesting" or to make me want to stay tuned, because "you never know". And without talking to me as if I had never watched or played the game before.

Guys like Eli Gold tell the story of the game without all of that garbage. They describe the game without trying to turn it into some dramatic battle from ancient times gone by.

And these guys don't every just let the game speak for itself. The older generation knew that sometimes you just needed to shut up and let the viewers experience the game. This generation of analysts really think that we have tuned in to hear their voices or that we cannot possibly understand what is happening on the field if they don't explain it for us (and half the time they get it wrong, so).

The mute button usually works best for me. If something odd happens, I turn on the sound until I am sure that I understand what is happening, then I mute again.

I tried listening to GMac Saturday night - gag. The second half was muted again.

/RANT

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I had no heard of that before and just looked it on YouTube. Gave me a good laugh..
    LOL! Yeah, I was watching that live when it happened. I really didn't see the big "offense" in it. I got what he was trying to say and if anyone at that time was in anyway plugged into to pop culture/current events would have "gotten it". But I guess Blackledge and the decision makers at ESPN didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    That is annoying, but Danielson has a knack for saying, "You know Alabama has a tendency to run [this play] in these situations, " then Alabama runs exactly that play on the next snap. Sometimes it's uncanny.
    Yeah, like him or not he knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you play the 2013 game reference drinking game, you may die of alcohol poisoning.

I think the stupid nickname for that 2013 game should be illegal on Tidefans and automatic suspension.

What is the nickname?

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't really like any national broadcasters when watching Alabama or Ohio State play. I am too emotionally involved in those games to be interested in someone who is trying to keep your standard college football viewers interested in the game. I don't want interesting "color" or odd factoids. What I want is someone telling me what is happening in the game that may not be obvious to me at the time, but without spin to make it seem "more interesting" or to make me want to stay tuned, because "you never know". And without talking to me as if I had never watched or played the game before.

Guys like Eli Gold tell the story of the game without all of that garbage. They describe the game without trying to turn it into some dramatic battle from ancient times gone by.

And these guys don't every just let the game speak for itself. The older generation knew that sometimes you just needed to shut up and let the viewers experience the game. This generation of analysts really think that we have tuned in to hear their voices or that we cannot possibly understand what is happening on the field if they don't explain it for us (and half the time they get it wrong, so).

The mute button usually works best for me. If something odd happens, I turn on the sound until I am sure that I understand what is happening, then I mute again.

I tried listening to GMac Saturday night - gag. The second half was muted again.

/RANT
    I will take Phil’s analysis any day over Gary’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk