Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Re: Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS

I really don't dislike Danielson so much, but he does something that drives me crazy. When a pass catch is going out of bounds he will look and comment on it forever! He does the same thing when a player fumbles and it's in question whether he is down. The way he comments is almost like one team is trying to get away with something. He does it in every game. I realize the guy is just doing his job, but it just irritates me. RTR!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

How about a "Bring Back Verne" movement. Just for this game....
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    How about a "Bring Back Verne" movement. Just for this game....
    I'd love that, but I happen to be a big Verne fan. I think he captures a moment as well as anyone ever has by saying the least amount of words. He allows the viewer to watch and nudges emotions.
    Good example would be Eddie Jackson's punt return against Ole Miss last year.
    The play by play call was simply....."Eddie Jackson........Eddie Jackson.......Eddie Jackson......."
    Most play by play guys would have been, "Jackson takes it the twenty, he's to the 35, the 50, the 40!, the 30!, the 20! the 10! Touchdown!!!!"
    Well duh. We're watching the game on television so why make it a radio broadcast??
    Regardless, I like Nessler and Danielson as well. Every Ole Miss, MSU or LSU fan I know accuses him of being beyond Pro-Bama.
    He certainly doesn't seem to be anti-Tide to me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Another thing about Danielson and commentators in general is that if they say anything that isn't a 100% homer comment about Bama, then Bama fans here, on WJOX, etc, lost their minds. People need thicker skin. If he says something negative about Bama, and it's true, so what?
    Recognizing that Eli is paid to be a homer and that the guys on the networks cannot be is so often overlooked.

Even with Greg, though he might be trying too hard not to be a homer, I listened to the same game as everyone else and if you listened to hear Greg talk about how much he loves Bama and how great Bama is the whole game then you were not going to hear what you wanted to hear.

As well, these guys aren't paid to talk about the game for Bama fans, but for college football fans. So, of course when Gary talks about the kick six we get sick of it, but the average fan doesn't hear it the same way we do.

And we can remember how great Keith Jackson was, but that's comparing apples to oranges. We only got a few games a year in those days and I always thought he was very "pro-Bama" as much as he could be...probably because he respected coach Bryant so much.

Basically, these guys aren't paid to tell us how great we are especially in games when we are stinking in up the way we've done the last couples of games.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I'd love that, but I happen to be a big Verne fan. I think he captures a moment as well as anyone ever has by saying the least amount of words. He allows the viewer to watch and nudges emotions.
    Good example would be Eddie Jackson's punt return against Ole Miss last year.
    The play by play call was simply....."Eddie Jackson........Eddie Jackson.......Eddie Jackson......."
    Most play by play guys would have been, "Jackson takes it the twenty, he's to the 35, the 50, the 40!, the 30!, the 20! the 10! Touchdown!!!!"
    Well duh. We're watching the game on television so why make it a radio broadcast??
    Regardless, I like Nessler and Danielson as well. Every Ole Miss, MSU or LSU fan I know accuses him of being beyond Pro-Bama.
    He certainly doesn't seem to be anti-Tide to me.
    I think his call on the AJ to TJ screen pass was one of the most exciting I've ever heard!!! I loved Verne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKb6AaFgzWY
    Last edited by BamaMoon; November 13th, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    God, I wish I could figure out some way to sync Eli with my TV.
    Tideflyer search for sports sync radio delay and I would get the a.c. power plug with it

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar

Yes, Gary is really annoying. He used to have really nothing good to say about Bama when he would call one of our games. But I've noticed the last 2 seasons or so, Gary has actually complimented us, and has gotten better at not "Bama hating". I don't know why, but he has. The first time I heard him compliment us, I told my wife to go get me an aspirin, I was going to have a heart attack. He mentions things in games sometimes that we would all like him NOT to mention and he does it over and over again, but, and that's a relatively big "but"... I gotta admit as annoying as the man is at times, he knows the game of football. I've heard him, as I'm sure you have before , call a play before we do it, and BAM we run it. So, I agree he's annoying at times, but his football IQ is right up there with the best.
    Last edited by dadleyblane5; November 14th, 2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: grammer

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Vegas has set the over/under on the number of times Gary will mention the 2013 iron bowl at 42,127. I took the over.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Gary + Verne = Insufferable
    Gary - Verne = Tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Gary + Verne = Insufferable
    Gary - Verne = Tolerable
    I know some people love Verne but I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    You're not. I like him as well. There's not one announcer that doesn't do something that (if I listen to them long enough) will irritate me. Maybe that's just something being wrong with me. LOL! Gary's no different, but he's one heck of a game analyst.
    agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm about the only person the planet that likes Gary Danielson.
    Tell you what. I will listen to Gary Danielson over Beth Mowens any day if the week.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."