RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I am ready for some Gary Danielson....................... retirement LOL

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I think Blackledge actually asked him what the heck he was talking about, there is a game going on, lol.

I can't remember if that was before or after they interviewed some player on the US Women's soccer team for 5 solid minutes about the upcoming World Cup qualifiers in half a year, all the while the game was being played in the background.
LOL!! You could read a novel during most soccer games without missing anything meaningful on the field! :p

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I'll take a CBS 3:30 eastern time game over a night game every Saturday especially when I have tickets to the game and it is in Tuscaloosa. That 82 drive back to Prattville is not fun at night, usually closest hotel I can find.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I was trying to stream a game once and it was weird because it had all the crowd noise but it only showed the game, including timeouts- there were no cutaways or commentary at all. I thought they had screwed up the feed or something but it turns out ESPN actually streams an alternative broadcast with zero production other than the cameras and crowd noise. It was actually really enjoyable and I found that the game seemed much less stressful.
Yes, it is the control center version I think. I remember watching one of the National championships that way. It was really nice.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
As much as people fuss about Danielson, I actually think he's one of the best - at least among those currently working.

I don't particularly care that he usually cheers some for our opponents, but my sense is that he just wants to see a good game, not that he has any particular bias against us. A very DIFFERENT "Sense" than I got from Herbstreit during his three hour Clempson Love-Fest during the NC game last January. :mad2:

Danielson probably has a broader and deeper knowledge of the game than anyone else announcing these days.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
To add fuel to the Danielson Hate fire. He was on a CBS Sports talk radio show this morning and made the following statement:

"If Alabama UPSETS Auburn and wins out they are automatically in the playoff."

:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
To add fuel to the Danielson Hate fire he was on a CBS Sports talk radio show this morning and made the following statement:

What's the spread for the Iron Bowl?
I can't imagine Bama or the Barn losing this weekend, so I doubt there will be much movement on the spread between now and game time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What's the spread for the Iron Bowl?
I can't imagine Bama or the Barn losing this weekend, so I doubt there will be much movement on the spread between now and game time.
Alabama -3.5, but almost every analyst is picking Auburn. Alabama has been declared dead and buried by the media once again.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
To add fuel to the Danielson Hate fire he was on a CBS Sports talk radio show this morning and made the following statement:

I hope this ticks the team off as bad as it does me. :mad:

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
My main gripe about him is he talks too much. He is as knowledgable as any, but he will not shut up for anything! I find myself saying "shut up" when he babbles on.

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
My main gripe about him is he talks too much. He is as knowledgable as any, but he will not shut up for anything! I find myself saying "shut up" when he babbles on.
I wonder how many dead horses he has beaten in a single game.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I know I'm in the minority but I like Danielson.

I learn something every time I get to watch him, though that's admittedly not often.

Maybe that lack of repeated exposure is why his quirks don't bother me as much as they do some other posters.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.