Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS

Because of course it is.

There will be kick six references every other down.
    Just a barner.

Auburn beat Georgia worse than General Sherman

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Y'all ready for some more Gary Danielson? Iron Bowl 2:30 CBS

That is annoying, but Danielson has a knack for saying, "You know Alabama has a tendency to run [this play] in these situations, " then Alabama runs exactly that play on the next snap. Sometimes it's uncanny.
    Challenge your preconceptions, or they will surely challenge you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Because of course it is.

Tell me AGAIN Gary, what kind of QB does it take to beat Bama?
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Because of course it is.

I'm half expecting them to do a PIP or Split-screen broadcast replaying it on an endless loop just in case any of us forgot about that play from 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    That is annoying, but Danielson has a knack for saying, "You know Alabama has a tendency to run [this play] in these situations, " then Alabama runs exactly that play on the next snap. Sometimes it's uncanny.
    He knows his stuff, but it can be annoying when you hear about Branden Smith pulling around right end to open up a hole for Kerryon Davis.

To him and Nessler's credit, they nailed Noah Igbinoghene's name.
    Just a barner.

Auburn beat Georgia worse than General Sherman

BamaNation All-American

God, I wish I could figure out some way to sync Eli with my TV.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

If you play the 2013 game reference drinking game, you may die of alcohol poisoning.

I think the stupid nickname for that 2013 game should be illegal on Tidefans and automatic suspension.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Tell me AGAIN Gary, what kind of QB does it take to beat Bama?
    Haha...well we know he'll say something about a "hot" qb having a Stephen Garcia game, but the good news for us is Stidham is not Cam Newton or even Nick Marshall in that he won't be as big of a threat with his feet.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    People call Danielson an idiot and talk about how annoying he is, but the fact of the matter is the guy knows football. Does he have his quirks that get annoying? Yep. But they all do. If I listen to an announcer long enough there will be things that they say or do that are annoying to me. But Gary Danielson knows the game of football. He does it several times a game in every game. He played the game and played it at a very, very high level. So naturally he knows the in's and out's of situational football. Many times he knows what the coaches and players are thinking in a certain situation because he's been in that situation before. He also watches a lot of film before each game he calls and also attends some practices. He gets more understanding of both teams than most college analyst I hear.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    People call Danielson an idiot and talk about how annoying he is, but the fact of the matter is the guy knows football. Does he have his quirks that get annoying? Yep. But they all do. If I listen to an announcer long enough there will be things that they say or do that are annoying to me. But Gary Danielson knows the game of football. He does it several times a game in every game. He played the game and played it at a very, very high level. So naturally he knows the in's and out's of situational football. Many times he knows what the coaches and players are thinking in a certain situation because he's been in that situation before. He also watches a lot of film before each game he calls and also attends some practices. He gets more understanding of both teams than most college analyst I hear.
    You said it, no one called him football ignorant just a total jerk and idiot repeating the same stuff over and over. He is the most annoying announcer on sports TV bar none. he knows football, to bad he has the personality of a cheese grater. The year when Ingram won hiesman every game he did he had to mention multiple times every game about his dad being in prison. OVER AND OVER again, and the little rant about AJ McCarrons girlfriend made me cringe at how creepy he is. With all the sex scandals going on right now I fully expect him to get outed soon. The guy is just a bad announcer, zero talent for on air commentary. Yes he knows football but he really needs someone to teach him how to stick to football and not rattle off every thought that crosses his little mind.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you play the 2013 game reference drinking game, you may die of alcohol poisoning.
    I think the stupid nickname for that 2013 game should be illegal on Tidefans and automatic suspension.
    I wonder if the announcers have a similar game they play while web surfing fan sites.

...First person to find a compliment on Gary (or Verne or whoever) wins the round; but for every complaint you read online, you have to drink.

I think he's the best in the business for knowledge of the game and being able to translate it in the form of a broadcast.

Look forward to the game with BOTH Gary and Ness!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    You said it, no one called him football ignorant just a total jerk and idiot repeating the same stuff over and over. He is the most annoying announcer on sports TV bar none. he knows football, to bad he has the personality of a cheese grater. The year when Ingram won hiesman every game he did he had to mention multiple times every game about his dad being in prison. OVER AND OVER again, and the little rant about AL McCarrons girlfriend made me cringe at how creepy he is. With all the sex scandals going on right now I fully expect him to get outed soon. The guy is just a bad announcer, zero talent for on air commentary. Yes he knows football but he really needs someone to teach him how to stick to football and not rattle off every thought that crosses his little mind.
    That was Verne, not Gary. I remember it very well. Verne (maybe at the instruction of the producers, who knows?) continued to push that story line throughout the entire game. Gary is annoying, but far from being the most annoying. Flip over to Fox Sports One or stay up for some of the late west coast games on ESPN if you want to hear mind numbing, jump off a bride while jabbing your eyes out with a dull butter knife annoying.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon