Monsanto strikes again

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...divide-among-us-farmers/ar-BBET8RH?li=BBnb7Kz

You know, at some point someone is going to do something drastic and the guys at Monsanto and/or DuPont are going to deserve it.

Clearly, our government officials are bought, lock, stock and barrel and if they fine either of these companies it will be such a slight penalty it will be a slap in the face to the American public.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
This is why you should eat non-gmo stuff. At least then you aren't giving Monsanto $.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I use Glyphosate all the time during the course of my work - as well as on my property.

There's no shortage of wildlife on my property.....it's teaming with it! I have everything here....insects, reptiles, amphibians, birds, mammals.....

Haven't bought any Monsanto brand since they lost the patent on the active ingredient...much cheaper to buy the generic.

Most control products do no harm to the environment if used properly.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I use Glyphosate all the time during the course of my work - as well as on my property.

There's no shortage of wildlife on my property.....it's teaming with it! I have everything here....insects, reptiles, amphibians, birds, mammals.....

Haven't bought any Monsanto brand since they lost the patent on the active ingredient...much cheaper to buy the generic.

Most control products do no harm to the environment if used properly.
Maybe DBF was referencing something else, but I was talking about the whole cancer, birth defect, and miscarriage thing not the environment.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Maybe DBF was referencing something else, but I was talking about the whole cancer, birth defect, and miscarriage thing not the environment.
Nope. Read up on Glyphosate which is in Round Up. Read up on the life cycle of the product and how it's found it's way into our waterways and drinking water. Thank God our neighborhood is on still on ground water and not surface water.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
That's why I don't worry about global warming. Between the poisons and GMO foods that are designed by Monsanto, that company will succeed in killing off over half of the world population in 30 years.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's now a widespread chronic kidney disease (CKD) study going on with inhabitants of the Tennessee Valley, studying the effects of various chemicals discharged into the river by Monsanto and other chemical plants...

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
There's now a widespread chronic kidney disease (CKD) study going on with inhabitants of the Tennessee Valley, studying the effects of various chemicals discharged into the river by Monsanto and other chemical plants...
I worked for one of the companies that is charged with putting the PFOS/PFOA in the river for a while, but before the lawsuit came out. It persists in the water forever and I think most of it was there before there was any real teeth behind dumping things in water/soil.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
All I can say is if you are drinking from surface water, you're screwed and if you're drinking from ground water from any nearby chemical plants or dumps, you're screwed.

Seriously...the municipalities can not and do not filter the surface water as it should so whatever they deem safe...isn't.

I served on our local water board for 8 years too.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I worked for one of the companies that is charged with putting the PFOS/PFOA in the river for a while, but before the lawsuit came out. It persists in the water forever and I think most of it was there before there was any real teeth behind dumping things in water/soil.
People don't realize that those plants are put on the river because they can get a discharge permit and most of those chemicals were discharged under those permits, which were supposedly calculated to be safe for humans. Of course those guidelines change with research, but the residues persist for decades, if not for generations...

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
People don't realize that those plants are put on the river because they can get a discharge permit and most of those chemicals were discharged under those permits, which were supposedly calculated to be safe for humans. Of course those guidelines change with research, but the residues persist for decades, if not for generations...
This and also because using river water to cool jacketed pressure vessels is much more economical than using city water all the time.

The issue surrounding these particular chemicals is that there was no literature under RCRA at the time that they dumped it in the river, nor any studies that linked the chemicals to acute biological and human responses. Long term accumulation was probably not considered.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This and also because using river water to cool jacketed pressure vessels is much more economical than using city water all the time.

The issue surrounding these particular chemicals is that there was no literature under RCRA at the time that they dumped it in the river, nor any studies that linked the chemicals to acute biological and human responses. Long term accumulation was probably not considered.
It was not considered. Americans have 10x the amount of glyphosate in their urine as Europeans. Here is an article on glyphosate and brain cancer, research done by WHO and a US government agency...

LINK

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I have no experience working with Glyphosate. I can only speak to my knowledge about perfluorates as it pertains to this discussion.

From what I have seen here, there is a huge opportunity to replace Roundup and the generics containing glyphosates. I have suspected that Roundup was a problem chemical because of the rumblings about it being a carcinogen and what Monsanto has done to quell the rebellion of the underclass. :rolleyes:

Good news! Monsanto has a replacement chemical as they phase out Roundup.
Bad news, it is problematic as well. Read here about Dicamba.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have no experience working with Glyphosate. I can only speak to my knowledge about perfluorates as it pertains to this discussion.

From what I have seen here, there is a huge opportunity to replace Roundup and the generics containing glyphosates. I have suspected that Roundup was a problem chemical because of the rumblings about it being a carcinogen and what Monsanto has done to quell the rebellion of the underclass. :rolleyes:

Good news! Monsanto has a replacement chemical as they phase out Roundup.
Bad news, it is problematic as well. Read here about Dicamba.
So, glyphosate is so safe, Monsanto is returning to a WWII-era herbicide?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.