News Article: Minkah may get some rest this Saturday

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Yep, I would be very surprised for us to see Minkah much this weekend. I know that he will hate to sit but he needs to try to get as close to 100% as possible.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Rewatching the game and just saw where he came up hobbling after chasing a guy outta bounds...

Rest that thing son.

And therapy.

Lots of therapy...

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Rest and work on your coaching skills, Minkah. Same for Evans.
I think we'll want Evans in for a while so he and holcombe can get a bit more experience together then hopefully he's out for the 2nd half. I also hope we only play Evans at the ILB slots and give his OLB reps in dime to one of the young guys to help him rest up some.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think we'll want Evans in for a while so he and holcombe can get a bit more experience together then hopefully he's out for the 2nd half. I also hope we only play Evans at the ILB slots and give his OLB reps in dime to one of the young guys to help him rest up some.
Evans looked gimpy to me in the 2nd half vs State. If that's the case I'd hold him out of this game. I understand wanting to build chemistry but he's our best ILB right now and it's not close..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't know if we have enough LB's to rest Evans for the entire game.
I think we do vs Mercer. I'd coach up Holcombe and Moses all week and let those 2 play most of the game. They need the experience far more than Evans..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope Minkah only plays a few snaps, if any. We need him to be 100 percent v Auburn. Same for most of the defense and anyone on offense who is dinged up.

I hope we get a good lead in the 1st quarter so the 2nd stringers and 3d stringers can play the rest of the game. It still surprises me that Auburn had trouble with Mercer until the 4th quarter. I know they had 5 turnovers, but still. Mercer is going to think they can hang with us since they did with Auburn. We need to put that out of their mind in the 1st quarter.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think we do vs Mercer. I'd coach up Holcombe and Moses all week and let those 2 play most of the game. They need the experience far more than Evans..
What kind of O does Mercer run?

Only way I'd prefer for these guys to play much against Mercer is if they run the same type of Offense as Auburn.

Otherwise, our offensive scout team will prepare them more than Mercer can and there is far less chance to get injured in practice if we are still using the "thud" method.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Question - if Minkah sits out, how does the secondary shake out?

Does Tony Brown take the Star reps in both nickel and dime? Who takes the money reps in dime? Does Hootie slide down and let Thompson play deep? Do we get more of the underclassmen (Carter, Diggs, Mayden, Wright, McKinney and Mcdonald) into the rotation to build some depth

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.