I'm Very Fired Up About The Game Against Lipscomb (Game Thread)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It really is. That's the worst post I've ever seen on TideFans. My goodness. I was ecstatic with the way we played tonight!
Gotta remember, it's game two. Phenomenal performance in my opinion!
So what you’re saying is that someone needs to work on their post game. #basketballpun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I thought by CAJs 3rd year we’d have more talent than Libscomb. Oh well, at least we were able to outwork them..
With all due respect, you are completely wrong. Have you seen the players we were putting out during the end of Grants tenure? The difference is astronomical, takes time for new players to gel

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Great win by the good guys. Pumped up by the team. Ingram needs to get more credit. I think he will be the glue for this team this year. Played great defense all night and was just under control. Nasty dunk.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Great win by the good guys. Pumped up by the team. Ingram needs to get more credit. I think he will be the glue for this team this year. Played great defense all night and was just under control. Nasty dunk.
Very true. He also shut down their best player. He was averaging 31 and probably didn't have 10 while DI was guarding him. Understandably most of the attention will go towards Sexton, some towards Petty, but Ingram is very good on both ends of the court. He is very underrated by most of the Bama fan base.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Solid win for the good guys. Wasn't able to see all of the game but am encouraged with what i saw! They have the potential to be a REALLY solid team. Basketball season is going to be fun. We're look at 4-5 solid teams out the SEC this year so a lot of competition on the hardwood. #BUCKLEUP and I know this is for the fb team but works with the bb team as well #OUTWORKYESTERDAY.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
One other thing I'd add, especially if you didn't watch the game. David Lipscomb is not chopped liver. From their NAIA days they've always been a great basketball program (Google Don Myer) and they've transitioned very nicely into big time basketball.

They could easily win their conference and be a tournament team this year.
Yep. They're picked to finish 2nd in the Atlantic Sun as a runner up to Florida Gulf Coast who has made a few runs deep in the NCAA tourney recently. I think by seasons end this Lipscomb win will look pretty good..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You must not watch much basketball if you don't think we aren't loaded with talent.
It was sarcasm. Figured most people would get it. BTW, I can't remember the last Alabama basketball game I didn't watch. I suffered through watching every single game during the Anthony Grant era. Even last year I think I was one of maybe 3 people posting in the game threads when we played several regular season games - IIRC, vs Valparaiso and St Louis - that you could only watch by streaming on YouTube. Looked like a middle school production. I follow basketball just about as closely as football and this is the most talented Alabama basketball team I've seen..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think we are playing well for it being the beginning of the season, but we still have a long way to go. We still need to learn our defensive rotations and develop a more seamless flow on offense. We've need to get Braxton Key and Riley Norris back to be the kind of team who can make a deep run. The SEC is much better than it has been in years past so I reserve judgement on this team until we get into SEC play.

I do think this is one of the most talented teams I have seen in years and I am beyond excited, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets enjoy watching this team grow and hope it is the best season in recent memory.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This team is loaded with good shooters and basketball players, who just happen to be good athletes too.

Guys, we missed 20 free throws. Could have easily scored near 100 tonight. I can guarantee you we'll shoot better from the line than this.

We shot better from the field than the line.

This will be a great team!!!
Agreed. We have scored 80+ in our first two games. It took us to game 16 last year to get our 2nd 80+ pt game. This team has a very high ceiling. Going to be some growing pains at times but by the time the SEC schedule starts and tourney time we are going to be a big threat.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I’m just wondering how CAJ is going to manage the minutes of so many talented players when everyone is back healthy.
CAJ was quoted as saying he would play a 9-10 man rotation but not a 11-12 man rotation. I can see us going 11-12 deep this year with our overall talent but don't know if this would be best for the team.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It was sarcasm. Figured most people would get it. BTW, I can't remember the last Alabama basketball game I didn't watch. I suffered through watching every single game during the Anthony Grant era. Even last year I think I was one of maybe 3 people posting in the game threads when we played several regular season games - IIRC, vs Valparaiso and St Louis - that you could only watch by streaming on YouTube. Looked like a middle school production. I follow basketball just about as closely as football and this is the most talented Alabama basketball team I've seen..
I missed it and I apologize. When I first saw it and it wasn't blue or even "Blue Font" in parenthesis, I thought, "You have GOT to be kidding me".
I knew you were a Bama basketball fan and I was like, "What"?
Glad you explained and straightened it out.
Roll Tide.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I know it has only been two games against teams without much physical inside play but I have been pleasantly surprised with Galin Smith who has been mentioned as more of a "project". He has size, can run and move very well and has had good control of the ball.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I know it has only been two games against teams without much physical inside play but I have been pleasantly surprised with Galin Smith who has been mentioned as more of a "project". He has size, can run and move very well and has had good control of the ball.
Both he and Reese are really impressive to be freshmen

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.