I'm Very Fired Up About The Game Against Lipscomb (Game Thread)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I know they're not Kansas, but I can't wait to see the freshmen combo's we utilize, and I really want to see Sexton! Hopefully the game is televised somewhere, although I kinda doubt it will be.
Regardless, RTR!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: I'm Very Fired Up About The Game Against Lipscomb

I'll have to record it and may get home in time to watch it on tape for a while then catch up live.

Watched this press conference with Coach Johnson regarding the Lipscomb game on http://rolltide.com/index.aspx?path=mbball (it is the 2nd item after scrolling) . I don't usually watch press conferences; I'll usually read what was said but don't like the time it takes to watch. I couldn't stop watching this one as it is another example of how lucky we are to have Coach Johnson.

Norris is still out but may get into full practice later this week and possibly able to to play when Bama goes to Brooklyn. He has been participating in some non-contact portions of practice. Davis is going to be a little longer and his status will be updated again soon.

Sexton is expected to be in the starting lineup tonight.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I am hearing Norris will be back soon and Armond may not be back. He may take a medical redshirt and go play somewhere else next year. He sees his minutes evaporating as the freshman playing more and more in the rotation. At least this is what Wimp said this morning on the radio.

We went to the exhibition last week and we'll be there tonight. I am really excited to see the chemistry and rotation tonight. We are by far the deepest I've seen them in the last 20 years. I hope Sexton plays within the system and isn't a ball hog. I want to see us have balanced scoring and play sound defense.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

I am hearing Norris will be back soon and Armond may not be back. He may take a medical redshirt and go play somewhere else next year. He sees his minutes evaporating as the freshman playing more and more in the rotation. At least this is what Wimp said this morning on the radio.

We went to the exhibition last week and we'll be there tonight. I am really excited to see the chemistry and rotation tonight. We are by far the deepest I've seen them in the last 20 years. I hope Sexton plays within the system and isn't a ball hog. I want to see us have balanced scoring and play sound defense.
I'm not a big basketball guy but from what I hear/read about Sexton is he'll attack the basket if he gets isolation. And if he draws double he's excellent at distributing the ball. If that's true and Dazon and/or JP can get a rhythm that'll make Lipscomb play honest and straight up a lot. And I'm looking forward to watching tonight.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL

I'm not a big basketball guy but from what I hear/read about Sexton is he'll attack the basket if he gets isolation. And if he draws double he's excellent at distributing the ball. If that's true and Dazon and/or JP can get a rhythm that'll make Lipscomb play honest and straight up a lot. And I'm looking forward to watching tonight.
Sexton is definitely the drive and dish style player, and will get to the free throw line many times (where he is over 90%). He is the kind of player you have to have to win in this era of basketball IMO. If things aren't going well in the offense, he can create for himself. I'm so excited that the days of dribbling around the perimeter and having to throw up a terrible 3 point shot at the shot clock buzzer are gone!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Coach Johnson mentioned in the press conference that he emphasizes that Bama does not need 30 points from a single player but expects points as a team. He is excited about Sexton's effort and what he has shown as being part of a team.

I watched Sexton in some of the all-star games this year and it appears that he gets a kick out of setting players up to score. He was by far the fastest player on the court in the all-star games.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Coach Johnson mentioned in the press conference that he emphasizes that Bama does not need 30 points from a single player but expects points as a team. He is excited about Sexton's effort and what he has shown as being part of a team.

I watched Sexton in some of the all-star games this year and it appears that he gets a kick out of setting players up to score. He was by far the fastest player on the court in the all-star games.
I saw this also and agree. He also won the slam dunk contest and three point contest in two different all-star games. We will see some big dunks and some 3 pt bombs from him.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Is Sexton our highest ranked recruit in modern times ? I would guess Hollywood or Steele or Whatley would be way up as recruits.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

probably. Gerald Wallace was ranked high as well. Richard Hendrix comes to mind also
There are no absolute predictions, but, to me, Collin, could turn out to be the best point guard we've ever had.
It will help him immensely that his supporting cast is one of the best overall we've had in years.
But let's be careful not to put too much emphasis, good or bad, on his first collegiate start.
RTR! I'm excited!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.