Kenyan Drake 66-yard TD run

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The guy has speed, when he get going not many will catch him at any level. Hisd retrun TD a few yrs ago when the announcer said he can fly was awesome display of his speed.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I remember the first time I noticed his speed. It was vs. WKU in 2012. He took 2 runs to the end zone with ease (as a freshman).

He spent much of 2013 in the doghouse. In the 2013 Iron Bowl, he was owning AU and Saban took him out and not sure why. (I think he fumbled) If we kept playing him, I don’t think we lose that game. If course, he’ll go down in Tide infamy with his KO return in the ‘15 NC game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
The guy has speed, when he get going not many will catch him at any level. Hisd retrun TD a few yrs ago when the announcer said he can fly was awesome display of his speed.
Except -- that Carolina DB was flying and gaining on him (had an angle)...glad it wasn't 10 more yards.

KD can fly...the KO return against CU is the fastest any Bama player ran during that season...something like 22 mph.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Re: OT? Kenyan Drake scores TD for Dolphins

Good for him! He's filled out, but then again, they always do in the NFL.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Looks like he has actually lost a step or two. In college those guys wouldn't have gotten close to catching him.

rtr

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Looks like he has actually lost a step or two. In college those guys wouldn't have gotten close to catching him.

rtr
I don't know if that run was indicative of his speed since he stumbled at one point and don't know if he really recovered from that. Plus like others said, the speed is different at that level.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

he is bigger and all pros in secondary are the fastest from college level. Fast guy in college is just average in pro, same as HS to college is same. Every time you go up a level you face only the best fromthe lower level. The field tightens and shrinks so the entire pro defense is all american college players. Just as A guy may run for 400 yards a game in HS and not do 100 in college.In hs he may have 1 or maybe 2 defenders in any game that actually makes it to college ball. So 9-10 are not that good LOL. For all the great defenses in college most teams have 1 player of NFL level talent( besides bama and lsu). So to run all over say Ole Miss defense may be great in college, but how many of those 11 make it to NFL? In the NFL you face 11 college all americans every sunday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.