My father passed away today - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: My father passed away today

So very sorry for the loss of your father, NT. Those of us who have lost our fathers feel your grief. Time will make it better but the loss is never completely healed. My sincest condolences to your mom and sister. May he rest in peace.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

I am very sorry for you loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

I'm so sorry, it is tough but he taught you to handle stuff like this and you will. There won't be a day go by you don't talk to him. Patients and love will see you through.

BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing your father is especially tough. I lost mine in 2002 but 15 years later I hear his voice, advice, and wisdom everyday. I really think I’m closer to my father’s spirit now than I was when he was alive.

God bless you and your family. He certainly hit the mark in raising you.

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

So sorry for your loss. I still have my father and a mom who accepted me as her own. I lost my mother over twelve years ago and the loss smudges your soul. You're just different after that. It is for certain as line of demarcation in a person's life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I really miss my dad and I've thought of a thousand things I wish I could talk to him about.
    I pray you and your family will find peace and healing. I hate cancer.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

I am sorry to read about the death of your daddy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

I am sorry for your loss NT. I know it is never easy to lose someone, even if it ends a long battle of suffering.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Thanks NT16 and blessings and peace to you and your family.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

Yesterday we celebrated my father's life and mourned his passing. The minister was a long time friend of my dad. Several old stories were told.

A common refrain was that he always worked hard, always took care of his family, and always treated others with kindness.

It was remarked several times that no one had ever heard a bad word spoken about him. No one knew of a single person he had wronged.

He had several nicknames, including Moses and Bullhead.

He was laid to rest in a crimson Alabama coach's polo shirt with a script A - just the thing he would have wanted and worn were he still alive. He also had a Bama hat (not wearing it) and a few other Bama trinkets. Red and white roses adorned the casket.

My youngest placed a pack of Doublemint gum in with him (perfect for my dad) and later remarked he wants to be a good person like his Poppa. I told him there was no better way to make his Poppa - or me - proud.

His grave lies just next to his mother. He'd like that.

He has no surviving brothers or sisters.

We miss him and mourn him, but we know he is no longer in pain and that comforts us.

I wish I could talk college football with him today.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

^^^ Haertwarming, NT. Thanks for sharing this with us. I suspect there are many here who can relate to losing a parent or two. We all have special emotions about our parents.

My Mom is 93 and still going. Living on her own - still driving. I was over to visit with her yesterday morning (she lives on mainland here) and to drop off some food I made (lentil soup, pulled pork, etc.) and pick up some food she made for me (pot roast). Primarily I was there to re-program her irrigation timer because of the time change we are only allowed to water once a week and Mom's a stickler for being compliant (God bless her!) I also put up her Gator flag while I was there (swapping out her Seahawks flag).

But she surprised me by giving me one of my Dad's dog tags from his days in the Navy. She is going to give the other tag to my next oldest brother. I had never even thought of where my Dad's dog tags were. Just that one gesture brought back a flood of memories.

I know you will hold your Dad's memories close to your heart and cherish them forever. It's quite a gift to have those. It really is.

All the best to you and yours going forward and thanks again for sharing with us, sir.