Who in your opinion is the best player on the field so far this year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

Re: Who in your opinion is the best player on the field so far this year?

1 Jalen
    2 Minkah
    3 Damien

However, I’m in the camp that thinks we can still move the ball with Tua in the game and we have plenty of horses at RB so IMO Minkah is the guy I most want on the playing field.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team TomFromBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Ridley, Harris, and Minkah all have good arguments. But, the way Hurts has played the last 2 games makes him the answer IMO. The 2 biggest games we have had since FSU and he won them both.
    My sense is that a great case could be made for any of several guys - my top 3 would be Jalen, Minkah and Calvin. But its really not fair to compare different positions. Ridley is the shining star in a field of really great WR's. Minkah is head and shoulders above an amazingly strong field of Defensive backfield "skill" guys. And Jalen is flat out amazing. I'm not sure I could argue Against ANY of them....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

BamaNation Second Team

Offense:

Jalen Hurts
    Calvin Ridley
    Damienn Harris

Defense:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Rashan Evans
    Raekwon Davis

BamaNation First Team

Offense Jalen
    Defense Minkah
    Spec teams JK

Those are the best 3 in my book, Jalen makes the plays tht make our O so dangerous, Minkah is by far the best over all on D and the punter JK has been lights out 99% of the time, not to mention his kick offs are great too.

That is a great, great question. Hard to imagine with all of the flack he catches that it would be Jalen, but Jalen it is. His shoulders seem to grow more broad the tougher the situation. On defense I would say Evans is the biggest playmaker we have, but it is so obvious the loss of leadership when Hamilton goes out.

That's a really good question because it may be a guy like Payne.

rtr

Definitely Jalen.

The guy has been nothing short of amazing. He's so dynamic and just glides on the field. The kids composure is something I haven't seen from a guy his age. We are blessed to have him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I'd say Harris.....

I'd also say we should consider SDH.....as I've not seen us lose a player and it have that much of an impact in a very long time.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I'd say Harris.....

I'd also say we should consider SDH.....as I've not seen us lose a player and it have that much of an impact in a very long time.
    love SDH, but it wouldn't have been quite as big of a loss had we not lost Wilson also.

BamaNation First Team TomFromBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    love SDH, but it wouldn't have been quite as big of a loss had we not lost Wilson also.
    A great defense is like a stack of Jenga blocks. All the blocks matter. But you can still have a stable tower if you pull out (almost) any One of the blocks.

Things start to get dicey (and increasingly so) as each successive block is removed.....

THAT is what we saw early on against Fresno and Colo.Stat after the "Blood letting" in the FRU game - and again vs. MSU after the second "purge" of the Defense in the LSux game.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Id say that Jalen is our most IMPORTANT player but Damien Harris might be having the BEST individual season.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    That is a great, great question. Hard to imagine with all of the flack he catches that it would be Jalen, but Jalen it is. His shoulders seem to grow more broad the tougher the situation. On defense I would say Evans is the biggest playmaker we have, but it is so obvious the loss of leadership when Hamilton goes out.

I was impressed with his calm cool demeanor last year. In a game some big lineman put him down after he threw a pass, guy laid on him and kept pushing him down long after play was over. jalen did not get upset or mad. Just waited until he got off him and went back to huddle . One of our linemen took exception and got in the guys grill. Jalen just went back to work. Any other player would have gotten mad and started a shoving match. Not jalen, the kid stays cool at all times. That is something no one can coach, but is a great asset to a QB. Kid just does not respond to pressure like most players, and that makes him a great QB.he has skills, but his best asset is his calm demeanor. You cannot rattle that guy, or at least no one has yet.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 14th, 2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation All-American

IMO, Ridley is probably the best player, maybe Minkah, but because position and above all, transcendent intangibles, Jalen is the most important player and it's probably not close, though Calvin is a big help to Jalen.

O: Jalen, Ridley, D. Harris/Jacobs
    D: Minkah, Payne, Evans (Payne is probably the most undervalued player on the team by the fans).

Changing the subject: what are Bama's plans for NT next year ? Da'Ron and Frazier will be gone. Who is in the wings or coming in ? Johnny Dwight ? Will they address it by scheme ?

The way I answer the question as posed is who on this team will be drafted the highest when they enter the draft. In my mind that is a close call between between Calvin and Minkah. Some of the younger players may end up as a higher draft pick but that will come from development after this season and qualifies the so far this year part of the question.