Who in your opinion is the best player on the field so far this year?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I was watching the game in a hooters and fans were jumping up shouting "Thank God for Ridley" lol. Jalen was clutch but Ridley didn't drop any balls.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I know Rashaan missed several games but since he has gotten healthy he has been on a tear. I think his importance has only been raised with the injuries to SDH and Mack. At this point I'd have to say he is the player we can least afford to lose. He's our only real pass rusher off the edge and our only inside lineback with any experience.

On offense I'd say Damien Harris by far. He's been outstanding and if he had more carries would probably have Heisman type numbers. I really hope he gets opportunities in these last few critical games. My belief is that we've been limiting his carries to keep him fresh, well there's nothing more to hold him for so let the man run.

No one has mentioned him and I don't know if he would qualify as best but Levi Wallace has had a great season. I think you could make an argument that he has been one of our most important players. He took a position that was somewhat of a question mark and has become a playmaker at that position. He also has a great story.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I know Rashaan missed several games but since he has gotten healthy he has been on a tear. I think his importance has only been raised with the injuries to SDH and Mack. At this point I'd have to say he is the player we can least afford to lose. He's our only real pass rusher off the edge and our only inside lineback with any experience.

On offense I'd say Damien Harris by far. He's been outstanding and if he had more carries would probably have Heisman type numbers. I really hope he gets opportunities in these last few critical games. My belief is that we've been limiting his carries to keep him fresh, well there's nothing more to hold him for so let the man run.

No one has mentioned him and I don't know if he would qualify as best but Levi Wallace has had a great season. I think you could make an argument that he has been one of our most important players. He took a position that was somewhat of a question mark and has become a playmaker at that position. He also has a great story.
The great thing is, after reading all the posts, good arguments can be made for a lot of our players. Got to love that, we have great players spread out all over this team.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Defense: Minkah

Offense: Jalen and Damien (It's really close)

I consider all 3 guys MVP's. They WIN games and carry the team through tough spots.

If really featured independently any one of them would win lots of awards...... and probably should be finalists anyway.

EDIT: Reading through everyone's posts.....can't believe anyone would not have Damien listed.

He's FOURTH in the NCAA in YPC. The man just doesn't get enough touches.

He broke off a HUGE run against MSU that setup a FG (though we should have scored a TD) and then ripped off ANOTHER huge run for the Tying TD in the 4th Qtr.

He was just as important in us beating MSU as Jalen.

Damien Harris is almost criminally underrated by our own fanbase and apparently the coaching staff too.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I love Calvin Ridley, he's one of my favorite all-time players at Alabama but......Calvin can't really do anything until JALEN gets him the ball
In terms of consistency though Calvin is the best. He brings it EVERY snap. Perfect routes regardless if he’s the target and a best blocking downfield. It’s nice to have that many arguments that are legit [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Lots of interesting replies. Got to agree with the posters mentioning Minkah.

Just to throw a wrench into things -- is this about the player who has performed the best at his position...or the player who is most valuable to the team?
That's a good point. It almost has to be categorized in order to choose.
To me, Jalen is without question our most valuable player.
The best "football player" though, at least to me is Rashaan Evans.
As OP, I didn't specify, on purpose. Wanted people to decide for themselves how they wanted to evaluate it.

Jalen on O, Minkah on D.

I love Calvin Ridley, he's one of my favorite all-time players at Alabama but......Calvin can't really do anything until JALEN gets the ball to him.
I don't really agree with this. More so than a running back, who is just handed the ball, the receiver actually has to beat the secondary to get open. Yes, that requires more from the QB, but it also requires a lot more from the receiver. I realize WR don't get as many touches and will rarely win the Heisman trophy for that reason, but a receiver who consistently beats one man and forces the defense to double him is creating opportunities for the other skill players even when he doesn't get the ball. However one evaluates best or most valuable, the fact is Ridley does a lot on every play, before, after or even without receiving the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.