Who in your opinion is the best player on the field so far this year?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I think a lot will say Jalen, which makes sense and is legit, but I'm going with Calvin Ridley. He has just dominated his position, game in and game out. He only got 5 recorded touches against MSU but he got 172 yards! A lot if those yards were after the catch. Then he also drew a DPI on a critical play. Then he wasn't even credited with the sweet sideline catch where he stepped OB. We have talent all over so I could see a couple different answers, but to me CR is the difference in so many situations. I feel like he'd get my vote for MVP.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Minkah.

Jalen's been great and over the last few weeks has really shown tremendous growth that many of us were hoping to see this season. If we were only talking offense, he's the man, no doubt.

That said, Minkah is a once in a lifetime type player and doing all the things we ask him to do, and being able to do them at the level he does. We can put him at any of the spots in the backfield and he's the best guy at it. Players just don't do that...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Ridley, Harris, and Minkah all have good arguments. But, the way Hurts has played the last 2 games makes him the answer IMO. The 2 biggest games we have had since FSU and he won them both.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Hurts -- but only because he has the ball in his hands every play. Minkah, Damien, and Ridley are right up there with him.

Gosh this team is talented and hard working...I pray losing our LB's doesn't keep them from the playoffs.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Jalen on O, Minkah on D.

I love Calvin Ridley, he's one of my favorite all-time players at Alabama but......Calvin can't really do anything until JALEN gets the ball to him.

(This is why the whole "Amari for the Heisman" made no sense to me....and I liked him, too)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Jalen on O, Minkah on D.

I love Calvin Ridley, he's one of my favorite all-time players at Alabama but......Calvin can't really do anything until JALEN gets the ball to him.

(This is why the whole "Amari for the Heisman" made no sense to me....and I liked him, too)
Very good points but when I think back to '14, does Blake Sims get all those yards without Amari? Maybe someone could make the case that if not Amari, then someone would have gotten at least half of those yards for Blake.

But yeah this season, it's Jalen. He has the "it" factor. no doubt.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
1 Jalen
2 Minkah
3 Damien

However, I’m in the camp that thinks we can still move the ball with Tua in the game and we have plenty of horses at RB so IMO Minkah is the guy I most want on the playing field.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Ridley, Harris, and Minkah all have good arguments. But, the way Hurts has played the last 2 games makes him the answer IMO. The 2 biggest games we have had since FSU and he won them both.
My sense is that a great case could be made for any of several guys - my top 3 would be Jalen, Minkah and Calvin. But its really not fair to compare different positions. Ridley is the shining star in a field of really great WR's. Minkah is head and shoulders above an amazingly strong field of Defensive backfield "skill" guys. And Jalen is flat out amazing. I'm not sure I could argue Against ANY of them....

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Offense Jalen
Defense Minkah
Spec teams JK

Those are the best 3 in my book, Jalen makes the plays tht make our O so dangerous, Minkah is by far the best over all on D and the punter JK has been lights out 99% of the time, not to mention his kick offs are great too.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
That is a great, great question. Hard to imagine with all of the flack he catches that it would be Jalen, but Jalen it is. His shoulders seem to grow more broad the tougher the situation. On defense I would say Evans is the biggest playmaker we have, but it is so obvious the loss of leadership when Hamilton goes out.

That's a really good question because it may be a guy like Payne.

rtr

IOnlyWantRings

Nov 20, 2016
Definitely Jalen.

The guy has been nothing short of amazing. He's so dynamic and just glides on the field. The kids composure is something I haven't seen from a guy his age. We are blessed to have him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'd say Harris.....

I'd also say we should consider SDH.....as I've not seen us lose a player and it have that much of an impact in a very long time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.