Alabama vs Mississippi State - Entire Game in under 35 minutes

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

If you want to rewatch the game -- here's the best way. To be honest -- watching it this way, I felt much better about the game.

MSUs strength was our current weakness (with the loss of our ILBs) -- and yet, we adjusted and came out in the second half and did what we needed to do.

A lot of the "inches" plays (those plays that just an inch or two in the other direction) went MSUs way. Yet, we still triumphed.

We got zero breaks - and won.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
This is how I watch replays each week. Fantastic.

Everything you need, nothing you don't. I hope they never stop doing them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Keith H and others executed their assignments right... the game wouldn't be close. I do feel better after watching the replay 4 times... (full and 20 minutes version) and I'm very happy defense managed to improve 3rd and 4th quarter.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
If Keith H and others executed their assignments right... the game wouldn't be close. I do feel better after watching the replay 4 times... (full and 20 minutes version) and I'm very happy defense managed to improve 3rd and 4th quarter.
Thanks for posting this!

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
What won this game for us was the drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter where we ate about 5:00 minutes of clock, but it was actually about 20 minutes of real time between several Miss St. injuries and a timeout or two. That gave the defense a breather and Miss St. didn't do anything on offense the rest of the night. Before that, we couldn't keep our defense off the field between quick scoring drives or quick possessions that resulted in nothing.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Holcomb played very poorly. Is he slow or not hustling to ball
I'd like to think he was just overthinking things instead of just playing ball. Sometimes it's hard for a role player to step into that starter position. It's a different mindset -- going all out for a series of plays vs going all out every single play. Hoping he settles down and his play improves. We all can see the physical limitations; but the mental part not being right just makes it worse.

This Mercer game couldn't have come at a better time given the circumstances. Allows the coaches to put these young guys in and play through some of the inexperience and work out some kinks.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Look at the positive, defense got better late. Maybe that is the defense that plays from here on out. Maybe now they can settle in and play with reaction, and not over think everything. I have heard so many great coaches say, the best play comes from just going with instincts and reacting, not over thinking each play. When the game is just doing it without thinking, the talent and skill shows through. Maybe after mercer the guys settle in and just trust themselves to play.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'll take Coach Saban and two weeks over everyone else out there.

I'm guessing we may see more safety support for the run than we saw last week too..... I'm guessing it's Mr Harrison's time to move up the draft board and will have a monster game against Auburn

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'll take Coach Saban and two weeks over everyone else out there.

I'm guessing we may see more safety support for the run than we saw last week too..... I'm guessing it's Mr Harrison's time to move up the draft board and will have a monster game against Auburn
Kind of agree. I don't see us consistently stopping the run without Harrison in the box. Just have to roll the dice and hope our corners can hold up in man coverage. The good thing is that AU doesn't run a lot of complex routes. They basically run the bubble screen right at the LOS and go routes. Not a whole lot in between..

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Didn't get to watch the game . . . thanks. Also, that has to be the absolute worst roughing the kicker call I have EVER seen. Evidently everybody else's punter needs a safe space.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Didn't get to watch the game . . . thanks. Also, that has to be the absolute worst roughing the kicker call I have EVER seen. Evidently everybody else's punter needs a safe space.
It wasn't a roughing the kicker call. The penalty was for leaping.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.