Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida (Update: Going to UCLA)

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Re: Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida

UCLA is a step down in my opinion but if I was a Florida guy I would be glad.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kelly 5 years/23.3 mil. Kinda low for the top coaching choice this hiring cycle. Says something about the UF job . And for the UT job.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for all the supportive posts, guys.

In retrospect, I think those who were skeptical of how Coach Kelly would have done at Florida were probably right.

I have to admit....the thought of a younger coach like Coach Frost coming in is pretty exciting.

Not sure if it will happen but we'll see.....

RTR and GG! :smile:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Thanks for all the supportive posts, guys.

In retrospect, I think those who were skeptical of how Coach Kelly would have done at Florida were probably right.

I have to admit....the thought of a younger coach like Coach Frost coming in is pretty exciting.

Not sure if it will happen but we'll see.....

RTR and GG! :smile:

I think Nebraska realized they need to make a move before Florida locked up Frost. I guess they are now a player for Frost.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
UCLA is better for Chip. No one there knows football and he can do what ever he wants without being questioned. He will be in the hunt for the best of the worst P5 conference each year.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I know sources close to Frost said earlier that if Nebraska comes calling...it would be extremely hard to turn them down. This was per gameday so....Florida may have to dig a little deeper

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Florida misses on Kelly, and now it looks like a miss on Frosrt. Uh oh for Gators.... where to go now. I think they go for Charlie Strong.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I know sources close to Frost said earlier that if Nebraska comes calling...it would be extremely hard to turn them down. This was per gameday so....Florida may have to dig a little deeper
Someone I know that played there has said until they leave the Big 10 and go back to the Big 12, no coach can win there. Too hard to recruit. Their TX pipeline has closed up. Parents have a 12-15 hour drive to to get to most games. In the Big 12, less than 6 to most, 8 to Lincoln. Last I asked they were not sold on Frost at all.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Don't make the same mistake we made in 2006.
Actually after that miss we hit a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 9th down 3 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes. Remind me to send Rita her yearly Christmas gift as a big Thank you. We Alabama fans really appreciate Rita. As a side note on the kind of class President Moore had after the snub. He was transparent, didn't try to deny we after Rich Rod, instead he wished him the best and told the Alabama faithful he would get the best coach available to lead the Alabama program. Boy did he ever deliver on that promise.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Can't post anything directly yet as it would be a direct link to my guy, but I'm hearing that UF will announce Chip Kelly as new HC, possibly as early as this evening, and that the principle agreement has been signed. Supposedly rock solid on this.

FWIW, for the new folks - we don't allow rumors regarding Alabama, but do allow rumors about other SEC programs, within reason. The guy I know from UF has been rock solid from day one - he's plugged in. IOW I'd bet my own money on this one if I were a betting man...
Have you heard from your friend as to why the Kelly deal fell through? Was it UCLA popping up or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have you heard from your friend as to why the Kelly deal fell through? Was it UCLA popping up or something else?
Remember that UCLA still had a head coach when CA's source was saying that the deal was all but done. UCLA probably pulled that trigger so quickly because they knew that the Kelly ship was about to sail.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.