Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida

They hire a name, they should look for a solid coach. he may be a Offensive GURU bit then so is Malzahn bahahahahahahhahahahaha how many 10 winseasons or NC does he have now? Funny thing is Gus has much better D tyhan O, and he is a offensive guru supposedly LOL

2. Advertisement

I guess oregonblitzkrieg will be visiting our board again soon then.

I think this is a really good get for UF. He's a notoriously hard worker and a great offensive mind. He notoriously hates recruiting though, and there are some good recruiters in that state...

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

We have been talking about the weak coaching in the SEC for the last few years. Looks like the pendulum is about to start swinging in the other direction. Good for the SEC - not so good for Alabama. Not that these guys are necessarily better than Saban (they are not), but recruiting in the south is about to get a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    We have been talking about the weak coaching in the SEC for the last few years. Looks like the pendulum is about to start swinging in the other direction. Good for the SEC - not so good for Alabama. Not that these guys are necessarily better than Saban (they are not), but recruiting in the south is about to get a lot harder.
    Somebody will have to do without those 4 and 5 stars.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I don't think it will change much. Maybe more competition for skill guys and dbs but CNS won't lose a wink of sleep over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Somebody will have to do without those 4 and 5 stars.
    Awbarn. They have more head to head battles with UF than we do for kids typically.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Can't post anything directly yet as it would be a direct link to my guy, but I'm hearing that UF will announce Chip Kelly as new HC, possibly as early as this evening, and that the principle agreement has been signed. Supposedly rock solid on this.

FWIW, for the new folks - we don't allow rumors regarding Alabama, but do allow rumors about other SEC programs, within reason. The guy I know from UF has been rock solid from day one - he's plugged in. IOQ I'd bet my own money on this one if I were a betting man...
    So you're saying there's a chance for me to send in my final bid for the job?.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Awbarn. They have more head to head battles with UF than we do for kids typically.
    So that is a win for us then. I like it when our competition takes a hit to their recruiting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Real losers will be FSU, Miami and the directional schools that UF had lost some ground to.

It'll affect Georgia and UT the most in the SEC.

Wonder how the UT fans are feeling about this???

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    So that is a win for us then. I like it when our competition takes a hit to their recruiting.
    We've picked up our share of top ranked receivers and db's from Florida...I imagine CMR is trying to clamp down on Miami as we speak...could be harder to plunder that state for all of us -- with Kiffin, Strong, and UCF etc. doing well....
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    We've picked up our share of top ranked receivers and db's from Florida...I imagine CMR is trying to clamp down on Miami as we speak...could be harder to plunder that state for all of us -- with Kiffin, Strong, and UCF etc. doing well....
    They are spreading the wealth so maybe none of them will be the powerhouses they once were.

The SEC coaching tree needs this hire along with several other "big name" hires at other schools. The coaching in our league has fallen behind the B1G and ACC IMO.

I know some of you think it is not a good hire but not sure why. In his 4 yrs at Oregon he was 46-7 and went to a BCS Bowl every year and was 19 seconds away from having a NC. You can bring up his NFL career but UF is not the NFL. Would be a great hire for UF and the SEC.