Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida (Update: Going to UCLA)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Can't post anything directly yet as it would be a direct link to my guy, but I'm hearing that UF will announce Chip Kelly as new HC, possibly as early as this evening, and that the principle agreement has been signed. Supposedly rock solid on this.

FWIW, for the new folks - we don't allow rumors regarding Alabama, but do allow rumors about other SEC programs, within reason. The guy I know from UF has been rock solid from day one - he's plugged in. IOW I'd bet my own money on this one if I were a betting man...

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: Rumor: Chip Kelly will be new HC at Florida

Read this myself on a blog earlier this morning, so its out there. Definitely a home run hire if true.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Eh.. I just hope Chip learned his lesson about recruiting specific type of players.... He left cupboard almost empty at Oregon, SF and Eagles.... I hope he does well.. but unlikely he will long term.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Definitely a home run hire if true.
Agreed - one of the few 'championship winning' coaches out there right now. Debatable as to whether he can be as successful in the SEC as he was in the PAC12 (I think he can be), but this is as close to a 'Saban' hire as anyone can hope for right now.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Bring him on, Saban will proces him rght quick and in a hurry hehe. This is the SEC not a west coast conference, we play defense here.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

When does Alabama play UF again in the regular season?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I felt like he'd end up at UCLA and UF would end up with Frost. Interesting. Big hire.

With the success Kirby is having at UGA pressure will REALLY be on UT to make a good hire.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Unless he's lost his mojo or something, that's an absolute home run hire. Be interesting to see if he can slow the UGA hype train.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

They hire a name, they should look for a solid coach. he may be a Offensive GURU bit then so is Malzahn bahahahahahahhahahahaha how many 10 winseasons or NC does he have now? Funny thing is Gus has much better D tyhan O, and he is a offensive guru supposedly LOL

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I think this is a really good get for UF. He's a notoriously hard worker and a great offensive mind. He notoriously hates recruiting though, and there are some good recruiters in that state...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

We have been talking about the weak coaching in the SEC for the last few years. Looks like the pendulum is about to start swinging in the other direction. Good for the SEC - not so good for Alabama. Not that these guys are necessarily better than Saban (they are not), but recruiting in the south is about to get a lot harder.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

We have been talking about the weak coaching in the SEC for the last few years. Looks like the pendulum is about to start swinging in the other direction. Good for the SEC - not so good for Alabama. Not that these guys are necessarily better than Saban (they are not), but recruiting in the south is about to get a lot harder.
Somebody will have to do without those 4 and 5 stars.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't think it will change much. Maybe more competition for skill guys and dbs but CNS won't lose a wink of sleep over this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.