Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Re: Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

Something like this should never happen. Coaches are going to yell at players. Coaches are going to discipline players. That's part of coaching. It's like a sergeant yelling at a private in the military. It's part of what some young men need to make them pay attention. You never lay a hand on a coach or referee. For goodness sakes, what is this country coming to? The disrespect for authority is out of control. The player being expelled from school is exactly what should have happened to him.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

If you saw Last Chance U season 2, you can see how this could easily get out of hand.
I'm not saying that either the coach or player went that far, but I could see how it might.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If you saw Last Chance U season 2, you can see how this could easily get out of hand.
Yeah, and watching that show I can also see how a coach might deserve to get punched. :biggrin:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

This was a sucker punch; knocked the coach out on the second blow. A battery charge is called for.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I saw it last night on the news. I hope they throw his tail in jail.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Saw this on the interwebs the other day. Must be a messed up culture there considering none of the players on the sideline acted like this was something out of the ordinary. No reaction at all from the players on the sideline. That's just as troubling as the act itself..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Tip of the iceberg......one of these days some over-enthusiastic coach is going to rip a cell phone out of someone's hand....you just wait.....:biggrin2:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

After watching the video of how it went down this kid needs to have charges pressed against him. On the man law side of things. If I'm the coach who got sucker punched and assuming this cat's "of age" by the law. It would be very hard for me not to pay him a visit "off the clock" and discuss this with him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

After watching the video of how it went down this kid needs to have charges pressed against him. On the man law side of things. If I'm the coach who got sucker punched and assuming this cat's "of age" by the law. It would be very hard for me not to pay him a visit "off the clock" and discuss this with him.
I am wondering what was going on that we don't know about, because the video just doesn't make sense.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

I am wondering what was going on that we don't know about, because the video just doesn't make sense.
It doesn't. It definitely doesn't make sense how the players around the incident didn't even act like anything happened. Which is very, very disturbing that a human being can sit and watch another human being do that and not have any reaction whatsoever. But that's a discussion for another board on another day.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think there is more to the story. I think the player had reputation for having bad temper and he just got caught up in the moment.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

I think there is more to the story. I think the player had reputation for having bad temper and he just got caught up in the moment.
There's having a bad temper and then there's having a problem with rage. I'm hoping there's A LOT more to this story than this kid having this type of anger problem. WOW!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

There's having a bad temper and then there's having a problem with rage. I'm hoping there's A LOT more to this story than this kid having this type of anger problem. WOW!
I agree - I just don't see him hitting the coach totally unprovoked because he was upset about something unrelated.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Surely there's more to this story, and I don't mean explaining why they were arguing. Like others have said, the players and staff around them didn't do a thing. No one tried to break up the argument. No one rushed over to grab the player for punching a coach multiple times.

He's already received some punishment by being expelled. Curious what an internal investigation would find, and what punishments the findings would cause the administration to hand out.

Bidgood

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2011

The guy was a criminal justice major. Time for an extended internship.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

No worries mate, he can get his second chance at auburn bahahahahahahahahahahaha they love these type guys, that is if he is a good player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.