Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

No video is provided in the link and I didn't search for one. As heated as it can get on the sidelines during a game, and how coaches light into some of these guys. I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen more often. I hope no one was hurt.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ssistant-coach
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; November 14th, 2017 at 04:50 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Re: Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

Something like this should never happen. Coaches are going to yell at players. Coaches are going to discipline players. That's part of coaching. It's like a sergeant yelling at a private in the military. It's part of what some young men need to make them pay attention. You never lay a hand on a coach or referee. For goodness sakes, what is this country coming to? The disrespect for authority is out of control. The player being expelled from school is exactly what should have happened to him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Tenn St player punches S&C coach on sidelines during a game. Expelled from School

If you saw Last Chance U season 2, you can see how this could easily get out of hand.
    I'm not saying that either the coach or player went that far, but I could see how it might.
    Challenge your preconceptions, or they will surely challenge you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    If you saw Last Chance U season 2, you can see how this could easily get out of hand.
    Yeah, and watching that show I can also see how a coach might deserve to get punched.

BamaNation All-SEC

This was a sucker punch; knocked the coach out on the second blow. A battery charge is called for.

If I would have done that to one of my coaches, I would have been carried off flat on a cart.

I saw it last night on the news. I hope they throw his tail in jail.

Saw this on the interwebs the other day. Must be a messed up culture there considering none of the players on the sideline acted like this was something out of the ordinary. No reaction at all from the players on the sideline. That's just as troubling as the act itself..

Tip of the iceberg......one of these days some over-enthusiastic coach is going to rip a cell phone out of someone's hand....you just wait.....

After watching the video of how it went down this kid needs to have charges pressed against him. On the man law side of things. If I'm the coach who got sucker punched and assuming this cat's "of age" by the law. It would be very hard for me not to pay him a visit "off the clock" and discuss this with him.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    After watching the video of how it went down this kid needs to have charges pressed against him. On the man law side of things. If I'm the coach who got sucker punched and assuming this cat's "of age" by the law. It would be very hard for me not to pay him a visit "off the clock" and discuss this with him.
    I am wondering what was going on that we don't know about, because the video just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I am wondering what was going on that we don't know about, because the video just doesn't make sense.
    It doesn't. It definitely doesn't make sense how the players around the incident didn't even act like anything happened. Which is very, very disturbing that a human being can sit and watch another human being do that and not have any reaction whatsoever. But that's a discussion for another board on another day.