Week 12 College Football Playoff rankings. Alabama in familiar spot at number 1!
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Week 12 College Football Playoff rankings. Alabama in familiar spot at number 1!

Auburn #6
    Wisconsin #5
    OU #4
    Miami #3
    Clemson #2
    Good guys #1

Erm.. week 12..?

Link
    Last edited by dWarriors88; November 14th, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

2. Advertisement

Re: Week 11 College Football Playoff rankings. Alabama in familiar spot at number 1!

WW3. If both teams can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Week 11 College Football Playoff rankings. Alabama in familiar spot at number 1!

Leaving the door open for Wisconsin to slip in after Miami and Clemson play. Also leaving the door open for Auburn to slip in if Wisconsin loses and Auburn wins out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Leaving the door open for Wisconsin to slip in after Miami and Clemson play. Also leaving the door open for Auburn to slip in if Wisconsin loses and Auburn wins out.
    Your Buckeyes can still sneak in. They really don't deserve it after that blowout loss to Iowa but they can get in if they win out and a little help (but not that much help actually)
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Thats fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Auburn #6
    Wisconsin #5
    OU #4
    Miami #3
    Clemson #2
    Good guys #1

Erm.. week 12..?

Link
    Pretty much a win out and you're in scenario for the top 6, and only 4 of them can possibly win out.
    Just a barner.

Auburn beat Georgia worse than General Sherman

BamaNation First Team PA Tide Fan's Avatar

If we lose a close one to Auburn could we still get in? Let's say Auburn would beat UGA again. Clemson and Miami play each other. Say Wisconsin loses. Then we'd be left in some order with:

1. Clemson/Miami winner
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Auburn
    4. 1 loss Alabama or 2 loss Ohio State?

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    If we lose a close one to Auburn could we still get in? Let's say Auburn would beat UGA again. Clemson and Miami play each other. Say Wisconsin loses. Then we'd be left in some order with:

1. Clemson/Miami winner
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Auburn

What do you think?
    They'd put a lot of weight on that conference title, I imagine.
    Just a barner.

Auburn beat Georgia worse than General Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    They'd put a lot of weight on that conference title, I imagine.
    They sure did last year with Ohio State.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1. Clemson/Miami winner
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Auburn

What do you think?
    I think that we are in if we were to lose to either Auburn or Georgia and Wisconsin loses in the Big 10 championship. Oklahoma is probably in as is the winner of Miami/Clemson assuming Clemson gets past South Carolina. Being ranked ahead of Miami helps if they were to lose in the ACC championship.

More teams are going to lose, I said this before last week's game and I have to say it again.

Clemson has good odds to win out at 55%, but not great odds. Same with Oklahoma at 53%. Wisconsin is only at 21% though and it's unlikely they can survive any loss since their resume is so weak. Miami is at 25% chance at winning out, it would be interesting to see how a one loss Miami team would be viewed, especially if Notre Dame loses to Stanford, but they'd likely be out of things to. Georgia is still in this though, because they're going to play Alabama or Auburn.

If I didn't mention a team, it is because they are out of it. A one loss Alabama does have a path of the playoff, but it's not a sure thing yet. Last week I was arguing that Alabama can make it in even if they lost to Auburn (and Auburn beat Georgia) but now there is a possibility of both teams making it in oddly enough. Other teams still have to lose though...
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

BamaNation All-American

1. Clemson/Miami winner
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Auburn

What do you think?
    They've already shown in two of the three years that they will give OSU the benefit of the doubt. I hope we win out and don't put the committee in a position to choose between us and OSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Sorry, a two loss team should never get in if there are legit power 5 teams with one loss available.

So they would say that a single Bama loss to Auburn is worse than Auburn losing to Clemson and LSU?

In what world would that make sense?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung