JessN: Mercer preview: Wounded Alabama hopes for a Mercer-ful respite before Auburn game

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Last edited by a moderator:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Linebackers: Advantage Mercer.

Never thought I’d see that in the Saban era. But danged if that injury bug hasn’t plagued us this year.

Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jess hitting the Eeyore bottle before he wrote the LB section, but I understand. No one playing for Mercer would start in front of the worst Alabama LB, but this reflects how all Alabama fans seem to be feeling right now.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I just hope we use this game to get our line backers some play and some discipline. Hopefully this game gets them a little more comfortable playing. If the LB corp can just play decent we can beat Auburn and be ready for UGA. Just need to clean up some things this week.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Linebackers: Advantage Mercer.

Never thought I’d see that in the Saban era. But danged if that injury bug hasn’t plagued us this year.

Roll Tide!
If I hadn't just watched our ILBs make a mess of things for three of the four quarters against Mississippi State, I'd not make that pick.

Evans didn't actually play that well against MSU. Got a ton of tackles, but in several cases because Holcombe or Moses were either out of position or didn't attack their marks. The other ILB spot opposite Evans almost didn't exist. Moses has more talent than all four Mercer players combined but if he either doesn't know where to go or is tentative in getting there, they're better than he is.

If I don't see a near-180 from our LB group this week, you guys might not like the AU pick.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just hope Mercer doesn't try to injure our guys like that one team a few years ago. I cannot even remember which FCS school that was. Let's just please come away with no injuries.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just hope Mercer doesn't try to injure our guys like that one team a few years ago. I cannot even remember which FCS school that was. Let's just please come away with no injuries.
That is a major concern of mine also. And as of last night, the weather forecast shows 90 percent chance rain. Hope that changes. I really don't like these games before Auburn.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I missed it when the Barn played em...
Hope Mercer ain't one of those teams that throw chop blocks.
Our cupboard is getting kind of low.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.