Link: Tuscaloosa News Podcast: Is a Home-and-Home Coming For Alabama?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Look at their schedule, no way that is 6th in nation no way. Only 2 good teams they played they lost to them. Sorry but when you play Temple, Boston College, Miami oh, NC ST, NC, Navy, you are not impressing me. Sorry but those alone say weak. When in last decade have any of those teams been good for a full yr. Stanford, Miami, Mich St, UGA are only ons they played that are even considered top teams, and they lost 2 of the 3 they played with Stanford yet to be played. How is that 6th toughest in nation, please someone explain to me how that is 6th best.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/930843355797426176

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
My picks:

Oklahoma--we owe them after 3 straight losses in the series and haven't beaten them since the Kennedy administration
Nebraska--lets get them while they are down
ND--same reasons as have already been given by other posters
Georgia Tech--lets renew an old rivalry
Michigan--classic north/south game and a chance to visit the big house

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sorry -- our schedule is plenty hard enough. I hope this replaces the kickoff classic game at the top of the season. Because to add another game of this caliber is just asking for trouble. More injuries, more chances at a loss before the Championship Game. Not sure what it will prove.

If we want to see us play ND or OU or USCw -- then they should make the playoffs....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Come on now - play fair. OM, FSU and UT collapsed -- but still would likely win 7 out of 10 times against Temple, BC, Miami (OH) and North Carolina....
I was just showing the P5 records to prove ND's schedule isn't some weakling like some want say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
As long as its a power 5 team, I am ok with the home and home. I just dont want to see any more Mercer's, UT Chattanooga's, directional schools, etc... If we are going to keep scheduling those kind of games, schedule Jacksonville St., Troy, South Alabama and UAB.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Can't imagine us doing home and home with Miami, because of the money. They only seat 65,000 and didn't have that many there even for last week's ND game. Last year sometimes it was more like 25K.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Sorry -- our schedule is plenty hard enough. I hope this replaces the kickoff classic game at the top of the season. Because to add another game of this caliber is just asking for trouble. More injuries, more chances at a loss before the Championship Game. Not sure what it will prove.

If we want to see us play ND or OU or USCw -- then they should make the playoffs....
^^^^THIS. Times have changed, some things not for the better.

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
I wouldn't mind us playing 3 of those, just no UAB.

As long as its a power 5 team, I am ok with the home and home. I just dont want to see any more Mercer's, UT Chattanooga's, directional schools, etc... If we are going to keep scheduling those kind of games, schedule Jacksonville St., Troy, South Alabama and UAB.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
For whatever reason, they do not play in-state teams other then the barn. I don't really agree with or disapprove of the policy.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Can't imagine us doing home and home with Miami, because of the money. They only seat 65,000 and didn't have that many there even for last week's ND game. Last year sometimes it was more like 25K.
We are already scheduled to play the 'canes in 2021 in Atlanta, so I kind of doubt we'll see a h/h scheduled with them anytime soon.

I don't believe that we have scheduled a premiere OOC opponent for 2020 yet. With the future schedules being made out like they are in advance, that's the soonest that I see us being able to do this with anyone.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
For whatever reason, they do not play in-state teams other then the barn. I don't really agree with or disapprove of the policy.
Recruiting. Why give a rub one way or the other to an in-state school that could be competing with you for recruits. Playing them validates them. I am actually a Troy grad, and don't think Bama should play Troy. Nothing positive can come from it for Bama.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I still think these kids need at least two cupcake games to recover and to let the 2nd and 3rd string players get game time reps. I actually prefer three of these types of games spread out over the season. For those of you who think we should play a top 20 team every week, I'm not sure how you expect these kids to remain healthy. Imagine if we played Oklahoma this week. Yeah, that seems like a great idea to play LSU, MSU, OU, AU, UGA to end the season. I'm all about playing top teams and taking on any team, but it can't be every single week. Bama almost always has one of the toughest schedules in the country, yet talking heads and even some of our own fans like to talk about the cupcake games.
As far as the home-and-home games go, though, I would like to see that again. I would enjoy a USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Miami, Michigan type series.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.