Realistic expectations for this team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since some have asked if this team has underachieved, I figured I would bump this thread to show how many felt after only a few games into the season.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Once this teams gets to know each other and gels a bit I think it could definitely contend for the SEC and should definitely make the dance. But it is early and a lot can happen.
As far as Kentucky it was pretty unanimous on Sirius college sports radio today that it may be one of their toughest years in awhile. A couple of analysts said they expect the Cats to lose at least ten games in the regular season.
Not sure about Florida.
Realistically, I just hope we continually improve through the season and win the games we "should". The rest will take care of itself.
Haha, Sip nailed it again. If we had won the games we "should have won", we would be solid. We didn't, though, so we still have work to do. I would still say that we have underachieved according to expectations and possibilities so far, but if we were to go 3-1 to finish, and then win at least two in the SEC tournament, and then win a couple to make the sweet 16, I would have to say we met and possibly exceeded expectations. We are capable of doing just that, but our lack of consistency would also suggest that it is possible to go 1-3, lose the first game of the SEC tournament, and not even make the dance. I'm guessing somewhere in between: 2-2 finish, win one in the SEC tourney, and make the dance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.