Christian Miller's dad has strong message for Iron Bowl fans: 'Georgia's not Alabama'

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/christian_millers_dad_has_stro.html#incart_river_index

"Georgia's not Alabama," said Corey Miller, who currently works WACH Fox 57 in South Carolina. "(Georgia coach Kirby Smart's) doing a great job. He's a friend of mine, but they are not Alabama. And Auburn's going to find out what you saw last week is not what you will see in a week-and-a-half. I can promise you that. I'm not one bit afraid of what's going to happen down there."
[He did admit the Alabama defense "was tough to watch," but it wasn't just because of the injuries at linebacker.
"I'd say it was the defensive line," he explained. "I like to call it dancing with the offensive line."
The things that stuck out, Corey Miller said, were not getting off blocks, not penetrating and getting into the backfield and sticking to blocks.
He added the linebackers have "taken a hit."
As far as Christian Miller's biceps tear?
"He's doing great," Corey Miller said. "Rehab is going great. Really positive and working hard. He's getting his strength back. We're happy with where he is. He was set for a great year. ... Again, some things are out of your control. Just have to keep the faith and trust everything is going to work out."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wish he would have said, "Christian will be back against Auburn."

Is this still a possibility as we had previously heard?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The man is 100% on the nose, Alabama is not Georgia. We play 3-4 games a year like this, big games under the big lights. Are we banged up, OH YEAH. Does this mean Aubs will roll us like a drunk on bourbon street? OH NO. This is not Alabama or Sabans first rodeo. Will this game be tougher with all the injuries, for sure. Does that mean we lose, I doubt it. Saban and the guys will be 100% ready for a dog fight, and this team has more fight than the dawgs of georgia. Jalen alone and his calm demeanor and ability to play under stress gives us an advantage. I see this being a real fight until the 4th qrt, then we will assume control. ROLL TIDE

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

Unless something new has developed, they may be medically cleared by the Auburn game, but may not be able to play due to lack of practice time. We can hope. Hopefully by the SEC Championship game.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Great comments by Miller's dad. I couldn't agree more. They won't be able to shut down our offense like they did UGA. The bulldogs also had a couple of costly turnovers. We haven't had a problem with that this year. I think the game will be very similar to the MSU game. They'll be able to move the ball on us and score some points. But we'll keep it close and win it in the 4th quarter.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It is easy to forget because it was so late in the season, but that was really UGA's first tough road game. The South Bend crowd was at least 50% UGA, maybe more. Same with Florida at the WLOCP. Tennessee, well, it's not like the Garbage Truck Workers' Convention is rocking this year. They were out of it by the end of the first quarter. Their other road game was Vandy. I doubt that they'd admit it, but I think Jake Fromm State Farm was rattled -- and maybe so were some other bulldogs.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

It's wishful thinking on my part, but I hope that Christian will be back for the Auburn game and Saban is just keeping it low key so Auburn does not know. During the media viewing periods he isn't practicing, but maybe he will be when the media isn't watching. Same for Mac Wilson but I imagine he needs at least 2 more weeks. Oh how I wish SDH was not injured. We REALLY miss him and need him to help our chances to make the top 4.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One of the guys said that one was already practicing and other would follow soon after. Like the other thread said, We probably won't know anything until next week. I think It was Miller for Auburn game and Lewis for SEC Championship. Both are likely be on limited snap count, which suits us just fine. We won't know much until Next Monday.

Having one of those guys for Auburn game will be a huge boost for the team. I really do admire Miller/Lewis for working real hard this year to come back from injuries and no matter what happens from this point on, I'm just proud of them.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I know we don't have a choice but I think we need our ILBs back more than our OLBs. I'd take anyone we can get back at this point but we've kind of figured out how to generate pressure and play good defense without Miller and Lewis. We seemed really lost at ILB right now..

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Great comments by Miller's dad. I couldn't agree more. They won't be able to shut down our offense like they did UGA. The bulldogs also had a couple of costly turnovers. We haven't had a problem with that this year. I think the game will be very similar to the MSU game. They'll be able to move the ball on us and score some points. But we'll keep it close and win it in the 4th quarter.
This ^^^ Agree with "Dad" and with most of the comments in this thread. I also expect a game similar to our MSU game. AND, as many here have noted, the games this past weekend; us in a dog-fight with State, and aub romping over UGa, were both probably the best things that could have happened for us coming into the aub game* in 11 days.

FWIW, I still think that the aub-UGa game was (pardon the cliche) a "perfect storm" for aub. I suspect that IF those two teams played nine more times on the next nine weekends, the leg-humpers would win at least a couple, and the average margin of victory would be a LOT less than 23 points.

* Sorry, but there hasn't been an "Iron Bowl" since 1988! :p

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The most valid point Dad made was that the problems with our defense have as much to do with our line as our linebackers. We got pushed around by LSU before the injuries. Now the entire front 7 is suspect as we face a very good rushing team.

It's true: Georgia isn't Alabama. But Alabama isn't completely Alabama either.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Don't forget the 3 personal fouls were also killers, the penalty for the high jump on the punt changed momentum, etc etc.
Georgia's defense actually played really well in the red zone and kept auburn out of the endzone 3 consecutives times.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know we don't have a choice but I think we need our ILBs back more than our OLBs. I'd take anyone we can get back at this point but we've kind of figured out how to generate pressure and play good defense without Miller and Lewis. We seemed really lost at ILB right now..
I hope you don't mind me discussing this little more in depth. I think right now Bama fans are overreacting a little on our ILB's performances in MSU game. This is my opinion and I realize no one will probably agree with me on this and that is okay.

I don't think we performed that bad in the game against MSU. MSU had a great game plan and it worked real well against us. That's rare to do something like that to a Bama defense. The way MSU used their OL and how they 'pulled' against our DL and LBs.. that was genius on MSU's part. MSU also slowed the game down, instead of speeding it up and that likely affected our game plan.

Second point I want to make is that we held MSU Running game to 3.51 yards per carries. Earlier in season, Alabama allowed 3.6 against Colorado State and LSU. Take LSU-52 yards run away and LSU would have 2.3 yards against us.

Third point: The reason MSU was able to extend their drives against us was due to referees throwing flags combined with Moses/Holcombe/Secondary miscommunication/mistakes. Take that away and The game wouldn't be close.

Fourth point: Not everything is on KH. It all starts with DL and like Miller's dad said, they weren't generating push up front and they didn't seem aggressive with their play. Part of that could be coaching, who knows.

In the end, While ILB is a concern and it should be a concern for many of us, but I have a feeling Moses/KH will be more prepared against Auburn and will do just fine. I don't think we're lost at ILB... Evans said in one of his interview that it was more of a communication issues and that they will get it right.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Don't forget the 3 personal fouls were also killers, the penalty for the high jump on the punt changed momentum, etc etc.
Georgia's defense actually played really well in the red zone and kept auburn out of the endzone 3 consecutives times.
Exactly. Eliminate that and we take away their momentum. We would be up 14-0 just like that.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He was spot on about our D-Line..It was tough watching the kinda push Miss St's O-Line was getting running the ball..They were playing really good against us..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Oh, I want to add that It's unlikely Auburn can duplicate the MSU game plan for several reasons.
Agreed. Stidham doesn't present the running threat Fitzgerald does. Not even close. I also figure Gus knows this and is smart enough to not try to replicate MSU's game plan. He doesn't have the QB to do it. Seeing we will be playing inexperienced LB's. My guess is Gus will use a lot of pre snap eye candy and misdirection to get them guessing one way and the ball goes the other way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.