Christian Miller's dad has strong message for Iron Bowl fans: 'Georgia's not Alabama'

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Agreed. Stidham doesn't present the running threat Fitzgerald does. Not even close. I also figure Gus knows this and is smart enough to not try to replicate MSU's game plan. He doesn't have the QB to do it. Seeing we will be playing inexperienced LB's. My guess is Gus will use a lot of pre snap eye candy and misdirection to get them guessing one way and the ball goes the other way.
That is an option he most likely will try to execute against us. I think he'll be stubborn to run the ball.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I think Fitzgerald's run threat was a big reason the d-line appeared to be less aggressive and they may very well have been coached to play that way in that game. Remember Saban compared Fitzgerald to Tebow. And it looked like we tried to defend Fitzgerald much the same way we did Tebow back in the day - with a bit of a "mush rush" approach to keep our d-lineman from rushing too far upfield only to see the QB blow right by and take off. Problem is MSU countered with a traditional power run game and we were either slow to adjust or couldn't. Couple that with the ILB issues and it was a perfect storm. We won't "mush rush" Stidham, you can count on that. We still have issues, no doubt, but I expect the Iron Bowl to play out much differently. Also Gus can't help himself when it comes to tempo, so no way they'll slow it down like MSU tried to do.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think Fitzgerald's run threat was a big reason the d-line appeared to be less aggressive and they may very well have been coached to play that way in that game. Remember Saban compared Fitzgerald to Tebow. And it looked like we tried to defend Fitzgerald much the same way we did Tebow back in the day - with a bit of a "mush rush" approach to keep our d-lineman from rushing too far upfield only to see the QB blow right by and take off. Problem is MSU countered with a traditional power run game and we were either slow to adjust or couldn't. Couple that with the ILB issues and it was a perfect storm. We won't "mush rush" Stidham, you can count on that. We still have issues, no doubt, but I expect the Iron Bowl to play out much differently. Also Gus can't help himself when it comes to tempo, so no way they'll slow it down like MSU tried to do.
I am hoping Gus will get in the way and call plays instead of Chip :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
One of the guys said that one was already practicing and other would follow soon after. Like the other thread said, We probably won't know anything until next week. I think It was Miller for Auburn game and Lewis for SEC Championship. Both are likely be on limited snap count, which suits us just fine. We won't know much until Next Monday.

Having one of those guys for Auburn game will be a huge boost for the team. I really do admire Miller/Lewis for working real hard this year to come back from injuries and no matter what happens from this point on, I'm just proud of them.
If I'm Coach Saban, (and I'm not), I don't tell anybody they're coming back. Let it be a surprise. If these guys are healthy, they have to be chomping at the bit to get back on the field.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What does that mean, exactly? How long is that phase expected to last?
Almost certainly means that they are going through game motions/movements. Sounds like the hard rehab is done and they are getting ready to play again. Just have to see if their bodies can handle game-like situations.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Almost certainly means that they are going through game motions/movements. Sounds like the hard rehab is done and they are getting ready to play again. Just have to see if their bodies can handle game-like situations.
Exactly. They could be cleared any days now. Wouldn't ve shocked if they were cleared on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What does that mean, exactly? How long is that phase expected to last?
It means you can move but you are not full strength. I had that after my bike accident. I didn't have to wear a splint but ask me to use anything that was injured and things ended up in the floor, including myself. As far as how long? could be as little as a couple of weeks or couple of months. They are young and healthy so my money would be on a couple of weeks.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
It means you can move but you are not full strength. I had that after my bike accident. I didn't have to wear a splint but ask me to use anything that was injured and things ended up in the floor, including myself. As far as how long? could be as little as a couple of weeks or couple of months. They are young and healthy so my money would be on a couple of weeks.
So we don't know when this phase started? So it could be weeks or anytime, depending on the start time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
B1G is correct. It means the basic rehab of building strength, etc. is finished and they're into complex, athletic type of motions, kinesthetics and the like. Medical clearing should be really close...

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I mentioned this in another thread and I do think it has some validity. I suspect that the team might have somewhat looked past MSU. I know that Coach Saban and the rest of the staff always grill them about never overlooking a team, but again, these are young men and they're going to do what they're going to do. I suspect they're going to look quite a bit different against Auburn.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I mentioned this in another thread and I do think it has some validity. I suspect that the team might have somewhat looked past MSU. I know that Coach Saban and the rest of the staff always grill them about never overlooking a team, but again, these are young men and they're going to do what they're going to do. I suspect they're going to look quite a bit different against Auburn.
Think so? Hmm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.