5* QB Matt Corral Updates (Flips from UF to Ole Miss)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: 5* QB Matt Corral visiting Bama (UF commit)

Agreed on OM. Guessing the co-eds. Regarding LSWho, I must have missed it but did Canada leave or get fired?
He is still there - interviewed for a few jobs, but still there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Agreed on OM. Guessing the co-eds. Regarding LSWho, I must have missed it but did Canada leave or get fired?
He's there, but he's gone. LSU fans expect him to head elsewhere. Apparently, he and O came to a mutual agreement to part ways after the season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Coral got quite a few CB's to OM today. Like you said RTR91 I don't know why he would consider them. Going to be on inferior talent and average teams at best.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Coral got quite a few CB's to OM today. Like you said RTR91 I don't know why he would consider them. Going to be on inferior talent and average teams at best.
Since most teams only take one QB a class, schools try to get their guy as early in the year as possible as you well know. Corral's choices are limited at this point if he doesn't stick with Florida. He clearly wants to play in the SEC judging by the teams mentioned in his recruitment (UA, UF, UGA, LSU, and OM).

I wouldn't advise going to OM with the pending sanctions, but it might be one of his only legitimate options if he does want to play in the SEC.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Since most teams only take one QB a class, schools try to get their guy as early in the year as possible as you well know. Corral's choices are limited at this point if he doesn't stick with Florida. He clearly wants to play in the SEC judging by the teams mentioned in his recruitment (UA, UF, UGA, LSU, and OM).

I wouldn't advise going to OM with the pending sanctions, but it might be one of his only legitimate options if he does want to play in the SEC.
Very good point.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

He's there, but he's gone. LSU fans expect him to head elsewhere. Apparently, he and O came to a mutual agreement to part ways after the season.
Wow I haven't heard of this before. Is this still the case?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

24/7 reporting Corral has committed to Ole Miss. Now that’s a head scratcher.

Unable to link at the moment.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

24/7 reporting Corral has committed to Ole Miss. Now that’s a head scratcher.
Maybe they are up to their old tricks, because this makes no sense. He won't win the entire time he is there.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Strange. Maybe he wants to be the big fish in a little bitty, puddle-sized pond.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

A few days ago, TJ said, " Guessing the co-eds ". OM has never taken a backseat to anybody in that department! As for football related reasons...? Inexplicable IMO.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

A few days ago, TJ said, " Guessing the co-eds ". OM has never taken a backseat to anybody in that department! As for football related reasons...? Inexplicable IMO.
Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.
Who else does Ole Sis have at QB after Shea P. left?
Unless this kid is more special than his stats indicate, and assuming Hurts and Tua stick around, when would he see the field at Bama?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.
Who else does Ole Sis have at QB after Shea P. left?
Unless this kid is more special than his stats indicate, and assuming Hurts and Tua stick around, when would he see the field at Bama?
Agree. Patterson transferring probably sealed the deal.
Pitch “you can come in and compete to be the starter from day one. By your junior year we should be on the backside of the NCAA stuff, and we will be competing with the best of the SEC West...”.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
He had the chance to play for a 'qb whisperer' at UF and chooses to go play for Matt Luke? Really?

rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Really strange. He is going to play on some bad teams. Guessing he saw where he could come right in and start. The back-up QB who played after Patterson got hurt is pretty good.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Have to cry foul here fellows. Looks like Ole Miss refuses to learn their lesson. No way a good QB goes there with the sanctions they have to endure. I mean who in their right mind would go to a team with no depth and struggle to have a winning season every year. I mean they struggled to have a winning season this year and the pain coming hasn't begun to set in. :mad:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Maybe they are up to their old tricks, because this makes no sense. He won't win the entire time he is there.
That was my first thought too. I would think wallowing at the bottom of the West Division for 4 years must have some perverse appeal to him. I'm surprised he didn't recommit to Florida with Mullen, a QB coach, now the man. However, do we really know what goes on in the mind of an 18 year old adolescent?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
This is definitely curious at best. OM will always cheat. They’ve done it over and over in the past and that won’t change because the NCAA slapped them on the wrist. Their donor$ are still there and still doing the $100 handshakes. smh

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.