5* QB Matt Corral Updates (Flips from UF to Ole Miss)

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Re: 5* QB Matt Corral visiting Bama (UF commit)

This kid has some pretty good wheels too. He throws his receivers open on a few of the passes I watched. He seems patient in the pocket, and he doesn't necessarily seek contact, but doesn't shy away from it either.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA

Emory is a dual threat QB. He is a good passer, but not as good as Corral. Corral is a real deal pocket passer. So I absolutely get going after him. But I am hopeful that this means that Emory is staying with us.
Jones is playing at our high school school tonight in the second rd of state playoffs. Guess I'll go get a gander at him.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Does Alabama really want a drop back passer? His film looks great - just wondering.
Even though we have a true Duel Threat QB running our offense right now..Why would we not want a 5* Pro Style QB if he wanted to come..Cause we have the players to run any style offense our QB dictates is what I meant..

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA

Watched Jones play last Friday versus our HS, they won 28-14, we were 12-0 ranked #2 in the State. He can throw the ball well as he made some very nice passes. Put him with some stud receivers and he should be very solid. They played ball control all night and basically kept it out of our hands. He wasn't really required to put a cape on and play superman. But he looks the part, no doubt.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007

I would think he would be more likely to stick with them with Mullen there. Mullen is a QB whisperer.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007

Bama runs an offense designed for a PS QB. You don't think Mullen could utilize the kid's legs enough to keep defenses honest, while leaning on his PS strengths? I'm not saying he will stay. Mullen may tell him he isn't the QB his offense needs. If you look at Dak Prescott's body of work, though, when he finished at MSU he could read defenses way better then when he started. He could make checks at the line way better then when he started, and I would say was no longer a "run first" DT QB when he left MSU. I think Mullen could do things with this kid.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Right after the announcement of Mullen to UF, I saw a tweet that Justin Fields (the UGA commit) would likely be targeted by Mullen. That would make a lot of sense and the UF qb commit might be a better fit for us, if we swing back away from so many RPO qb running plays.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Watched Jones play last Friday versus our HS, they won 28-14, we were 12-0 ranked #2 in the State. He can throw the ball well as he made some very nice passes. Put him with some stud receivers and he should be very solid. They played ball control all night and basically kept it out of our hands. He wasn't really required to put a cape on and play superman. But he looks the part, no doubt.
Basically how we used AJM. A very good qb doesn't have to be a hero if he makes the team around him better.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Basically how we used AJM. A very good qb doesn't have to be a hero if he makes the team around him better.
IMO, it`s hard to argue with an assertion that we are more dependent on our QB now than we were when AJ was in TTown.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA

Absolutely, we have a Lb going to GT so it isn't like we are a slouch here. He forced us to defend him based on his abilities to run, so it turned into a spy on him with our stud which left us without our biggest play maker on D.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He does not fit Dan's QB style. :conf2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'm more curious about him visiting Ole Miss. Why on earth would he want to do that? And why consider LSU until you know who the OC will be?

Not even saying this to bolster Alabama's appeal either.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm more curious about him visiting Ole Miss. Why on earth would he want to do that? And why consider LSU until you know who the OC will be?

Not even saying this to bolster Alabama's appeal either.
Agreed on OM. Guessing the co-eds. Regarding LSWho, I must have missed it but did Canada leave or get fired?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.