5* QB Matt Corral Updates (Flips from UF to Ole Miss)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Official visit this weekend. Early enrollee who reached out to us because of the UF coaching vacancy. Nervous because he could sign and not have a HC in place. Could end up with a Chip Kelly who would not use him well. Not a dual threat.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: 5* QB Matt Corral visiting Bama (UF commit)

Does Alabama really want a drop back passer? His film looks great - just wondering.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

That's fine, but it in no way answers my question.
I would say that if he is a Tom Brady or John Elway type talent, then we want him and will adjust our offense to his strengths. I know nothing about him so the question is unanswered.

However, we turned down Riley Ferguson (no relation) a few years ago and he is tearing it up for Memphis as a drop back passer, I believe.

Only CNS knows what he will do...I never thought he would want a running QB...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From what I've read, he loves Daboll - main reason he's considering Alabama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Does Alabama really want a drop back passer? His film looks great - just wondering.
5* = Yes, we want a drop back passer. Mac Jones is a drop back passer and don't think we are out of the pro style QB business. I think Emory Jones is #1 on our board but Corral is a take IMO if......

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Heard the guys on the radio in Mobile saying the Aubs were pushing hard for Emory Jones now.

rtr

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Heard the guys on the radio in Mobile saying the Aubs were pushing hard for Emory Jones now.

rtr
I know they were after him a few months ago. They already have Joey Gatewood committed to play QB.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

5* = Yes, we want a drop back passer. Mac Jones is a drop back passer and don't think we are out of the pro style QB business. I think Emory Jones is #1 on our board but Corral is a take IMO if......
I like Mac Jones, too, but he is a backup plan. Emory is your #1 target for a reason.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If I've got two QB's to pick from (one being a drop back passer and one a mobile QB) yet the mobile QB grades out as a below average passer but he has above average mobility (not elite in either area). Yet the pocket passer grades out as elite at passing. I'll take the drop back passer all day.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

I hope it works out for him to come to Alabama. Having both styles of QB would be nice.

It would be interesting to hear what Coach Daboll thinks on the matter going from a Tom Brady style to Jalen.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If I've got two QB's to pick from (one being a drop back passer and one a mobile QB) yet the mobile QB grades out as a below average passer but he has above average mobility (not elite in either area). Yet the pocket passer grades out as elite at passing. I'll take the drop back passer all day.
Emory is a dual threat QB. He is a good passer, but not as good as Corral. Corral is a real deal pocket passer. So I absolutely get going after him. But I am hopeful that this means that Emory is staying with us.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Emory is a dual threat QB. He is a good passer, but not as good as Corral. Corral is a real deal pocket passer. So I absolutely get going after him. But I am hopeful that this means that Emory is staying with us.
This article from SEC Country says Corral is the back-up plan since Jones is our primary target. I want Jones but will take Corral in a heartbeat if we miss.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-matt-corral-florida-gators

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I watched about 2 minutes of the video on 247. I'd take him in a heart beat. With a running attack like we have and and guy that can hit every throw we'd be just fine. Gotta think Daball would love this type of QB too, with his background.

https://247sports.com/Player/Matt-Corral-68282

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.