CFN Alabama vs. Mercer Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
38-3 would only make sense if their prediction is wrong in every other way. They believe that the o-line will put the game away in the 2nd quarter. If that happens, the score will already be at least 31-3. The second team offense will score 14 points per quarter. That would put the final score at 59-3.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
The latest weather forecast calls for 90% chance of rain Saturday. Sure hope it changes. That plus the potential "cut blocks" Mercer will surely try to do are a concern for injuries. Hopefully our starters can only play 1 quarter and then we can put in the 3rd stringers.

pjhBama

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 3, 2017
The latest weather forecast calls for 90% chance of rain Saturday. Sure hope it changes. That plus the potential "cut blocks" Mercer will surely try to do are a concern for injuries. Hopefully our starters can only play 1 quarter and then we can put in the 3rd stringers.
It is 90%, but that's mainly for the afternoon. Most, if not all the game will be dry. At least as of now.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
As long as NO ONE gets injured OR makes a pre-existing/nagging injury worse.....

I'll take a 2-0 Victory via a Safety. I Don't EVEN care about the score at all.... other than us ultimately having more points than them. Dead Serious.

We just need the W and everyone to heal up as much as possible right now.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
As long as NO ONE gets injured OR makes a pre-existing/nagging injury worse.....

I'll take a 2-0 Victory via a Safety. I Don't EVEN care about the score at all.... other than us ultimately having more points than them. Dead Serious.

We just need the W and everyone to heal up as much as possible right now.
If we beat Mercer 2-0......we would be 13th next week in the playoff rankings, behind Central Florida

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It is 90%, but that's mainly for the afternoon. Most, if not all the game will be dry. At least as of now.
Correct. Rain chances Saturday are 20% or less until mid afternoon. Looks to be late afternoon or early evening before the rain sets in.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They said Auburn beat Mercer 34-10. Believe it was 24-10.

Auburn played terrible, or so I heard so this probably means nothing.

If second and third team can win the game and say let her rip skip.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
CFN Alabama vs. Mercer Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

They said Auburn beat Mercer 34-10. Believe it was 24-10.

Auburn played terrible, or so I heard so this probably means nothing.

If second and third team can win the game and say let her rip skip.
Wasn’t that the game they had 5 turnovers?

Edit to answer my own question- yes it was & Moon is right 24-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I just want to see Tua in this game. I agree with BIG that their score prediction makes very little sense. I expect some big plays early and quick scores game should be over quick.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I noticed the folks at CFN broke with their usual format and didn't try to give us one reason why Mercer will win.:smile:
CFN probably couldn't think of a reason for Mercer to win.
I'll bet even Kirk Herbstreit thinks we can steal a win...
Have I mentioned lately that I detest Herb. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.