What are your Thanksgiving plans?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
One day I want a president to say, “Heck with tradition. I love thanksgiving turkey.” Then he would have his chef come get the turkey and walk into the kitchen. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I’m cooking my first turkey. It’s in the oven as I type. I usually don’t eat turkey on thanksgiving because it’s bland. I brined the turkey this year, so we will see if it makes a difference.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Visited the Winchester (Va.) Federal cemetery.

pano of the Union cemetery, Winchester, Va.

A couple of unknown Union soldiers.

Massachussets monument

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
So, we hosted the dinner this year and decided to go with a ham instead of a turkey as the main dish. My BIL determined that Thanksgiving requires a turkey, so he brought one with the stuffing and gravy. Needless to say we had more leftovers than we had room in the fridge and freezer, so we stored the extras on the deck until we could work through some inventory. I'll still be eating ham and turkey sandwiches for a week. In between bouts of food coma, I watched movies, played hide-and-seek with my daughter and my little nephews, and listened to my wife and her siblings talk about their lives as kids growing up in Vietnam and how much they (and Vietnam) have changed.

We spent all day Friday and Saturday morning doing charity work. There are a couple of kids at my daughter's school who in recent years have lost their fathers. So, a lot of the families periodically bring food, help with yard work, etc. I also took a car load of food to a food bank. Finally, Lily's school does fund raising via Christmas tree sales, so I helped build the stands to display the trees for sale and then unloaded several hundred trees when the flatbeds arrived. Aside from the Iron Bowl (which ceased to be an irritation before I went to bed), it was a very nice and satisfying weekend. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.