News Article: Trump appoints young Alabama lawyer to be a judge

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
BibB's fatal mistake was to self-identify when he was promoting his book review in the Washington Post. I think the board and mods would have kept him nameless if he had not done that.
Zero chance any admin / mod here would ever release private information about a user without being legally compelled to do so.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The mods might be able to, I'm not sure.

What I wondered was if there is a search function for edited posts? Unless there is, it means someone read all 16,000 posts he had made.
Nope, only admin with access to the DB. I don't think even Earle (who is the top of the food chain regarding admin access) can directly access the DB. Brett might be able to dig it up, but IIRC from my VB setup days, edits actually change the post in the DB, so I think the original gets overwritten.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Called it earlier in this thread - when this first broke everyone was wondering who outed him, I posted that he outed himself with the self-promotion of his books. I vividly recall it as we had to have a few convos about how many threads he could start about his books and how often he could bump them. For a short time the self-promotion was a bit over the top here...
so, i guess there was just a touch of petard hoisting that went on.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Called it earlier in this thread - when this first broke everyone was wondering who outed him, I posted that he outed himself with the self-promotion of his books. I vividly recall it as we had to have a few convos about how many threads he could start about his books and how often he could bump them. For a short time the self-promotion was a bit over the top here...
Even though he made those posts, how likely is it someone found TideFans because of it? Pretty sure someone(s) tried to do a Google search at the start of all of this to see how easy it was, and it wasn't easy at all.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Even though he made those posts, how likely is it someone found TideFans because of it? Pretty sure someone(s) tried to do a Google search at the start of all of this to see how easy it was, and it wasn't easy at all.
i don't know. i have come across old posts on here searching for things. by the time the poster here tried to do the google search, there were a ton of results for brett. i doubt that was the case before this story broke.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Once the story broke, google would have been cluttered by the news, but before that, I bet TF would have been one of the first results.

ETA: 92 beat me to it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Can I really do a search for him the same way an outsider can? My computer knows I post here, would it put Tide Fans higher on the list if I searched for Talley than if I weren’t a member here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Once the story broke, google would have been cluttered by the news, but before that, I bet TF would have been one of the first results.

ETA: 92 beat me to it.
I have tried googling a particular quote to find the source, only to be led right to Tidefans, where the original sources was... me. That's awesome.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was surprised to learn he had a Harvard Law Degree
Most overrated school in the history of schools.
How do you know that Harvard is the world's greatest school? Ask a Harvard grad, for sure.
I learned early on (in my first semester at Alabama, in fact*) that Harvard is full of self-bloviating windbags. All reputation, little delivery.

* Not to hijack, but the specific issue was Harvard professor Adam Ulam's ludicrous opinion that the United States was to blame for the Cold War, a demonstrably ludicrous, insane assertion. So crazy, only a Harvard professor could make it without being laughed out of polite company. That was a valuable early lesson I learned in the early days of my time at the University of Alabama, something for which I will be eternally grateful: not everything from Harvard is good. In fact, some of it can only be characterized as bovine scatology. Thank you alma mater.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.