News Article: Trump appoints young Alabama lawyer to be a judge

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
And this is why when you start getting higher profile IRL, you need to get lower profile online.

Really concerns me that he got appointed. The lack of logical reasoning skills I’ve seen him display on here will get him in trouble on the bench. I cannot imagine being a federal judge without ever having tried a case, much less presided over one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Blah. Must be a lot of non glass houses here on Tidefans.

Raise your hand if you would refuse an appointment from the President of the United States.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If the president nominated me to perform a Whipple and I'd never even stepped into an OR? Yeah, I'd absolutely refuse.
please, a Whipple? Sounds easy------>googles----> nevermind I would kill anyone I tried to do that on

I'll reiterate from the other thread. I wouldn't care if Brett felt exactly the same way I did on every single topic he simply is not qualified for this job and he should remove himself from consideration.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Blah. Must be a lot of non glass houses here on Tidefans.

Raise your hand if you would refuse an appointment from the President of the United States.

Yes, if I was as substantially unqualified for the post as Tally, I would politely decline and offer a few other names of solid candidates.

It would be like someone offering me a 5-year pitcher contract on a AAA ball club (the pay isn’t great for either) because I played 3rd base in high school - well, not even 3rd base because Tally’s never even tried a case - because I’ve watched a lot of baseball and was taught the game. The right thing to do would be to decline the contract because I’d rather not look like an idiot and let the slot go to someone more deserving.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
please, a Whipple? Sounds easy------>googles----> nevermind I would kill anyone I tried to do that on

I'll reiterate from the other thread. I wouldn't care if Brett felt exactly the same way I did on every single topic he simply is not qualified for this job and he should remove himself from consideration.
That will never happen. Its the senate's job to do that(not confirm him) but unfortunately that will never happen either.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I understand why we aren't hearing anything from BinB, but I do wonder if he reads the discussion here about his nomination and qualifications. It would be hard to read all this stuff and not feel free to respond.
I will say I misread him...I thought he was from the Romney/almost reasonable side of the GOP party, but here he is fully on board the Trump trainwreck.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yes, if I was as substantially unqualified for the post as Tally, I would politely decline and offer a few other names of solid candidates.

It would be like someone offering me a 5-year pitcher contract on a AAA ball club (the pay isn’t great for either) because I played 3rd base in high school - well, not even 3rd base because Tally’s never even tried a case - because I’ve watched a lot of baseball and was taught the game. The right thing to do would be to decline the contract because I’d rather not look like an idiot and let the slot go to someone more deserving.

It's not like this is the only great job BinB will be offered in his career. With his credentials, he had a very bright future before he tied himself to Trump.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I understand why we aren't hearing anything from BinB, but I do wonder if he reads the discussion here about his nomination and qualifications. It would be hard to read all this stuff and not feel free to respond.
I will say I misread him...I thought he was from the Romney/almost reasonable side of the GOP party, but here he is fully on board the Trump trainwreck.
He changed

I thought he was reasonable for a long time too.

but according to what we are reading in the media he got married to Don McGhans chief of staff

then suddenly he became more Trumpy and a lot less reasonable

looks like it could payoff to a lifetime appointment

what a joke

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was wondering how his name came up to Trump to begin with. I mean, he is a Harvard grad (did I read that correctly?), which ain't nothing, but having limited experience in the court room would mean waiting, finding jobs that would qualify him, doing well at those jobs, gaining a solid reputation, then, if the offer came a decade or two down the road, go for it.

Then, I saw on the Buzzfeed article that he's married "to a lawyer in the White House counsel's office, Ann Donaldson." I think that oversight will cost him more than any opinion he might have expressed on this forum.

Last edited:

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I think that oversight will cost him more than any opinion he might have expressed on this forum.
I agree only because misguided opinions seem to be a plus with this White House. Seeing any shade other than black or white is no doubt an immediate disqualifier for most posts with this administration.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.