Republican Tax Philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Oh snap! I may have missed a few trademark opportunities.
Honestly I might would have responded to another poster asking that hypothetical (although I don't remember the Washington Post article I linked saying "kill the wealthy!") but I don't see any point because I don't feel like you are actually serious about having a conversation and haven't been in a long time.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Honestly I might would have responded to another poster asking that hypothetical (although I don't remember the Washington Post article I linked saying "kill the wealthy!") but I don't see any point because I don't feel like you are actually serious about having a conversation and haven't been in a long time.
I have no issue with intelligent conversation. The idea that there is no trickle down is absurd. The author of the posted article is rather ignorant.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I have no issue with intelligent conversation. The idea that there is no trickle down is absurd. The author of the posted article is rather ignorant.
Apparently so are the people that read the article and read "trickle down has failed repeatedly" as "there is no trickle down."

Enjoy the last feeding before I head off for the night even though I usually try to avoid feeding them.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Apparently so are the people that read the article and read "trickle down has failed repeatedly" as "there is no trickle down."

Enjoy the last feeding before I head off for the night even though I usually try to avoid feeding them.
Assuming trickle down exists (which I assume you agree it does), to what degree does it exist? Seemingly it exists to quite a substantial degree. That being the case, I assume your argument is that a trillion here or a trillion there (i.e. the marginal difference with a trillion dollar decrease in tax burden) has no impact on the overall trickle down effect. Nevertheless, it's nice to know that you agree that trickle down does in fact exist.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As a real fiscal conservative, which makes me a dinosaur, since none exist in the Congress any more, the bill is appalling. It will not pay for itself and it proponents do not believe it either. It is a stalking horse to slash entitlements, after it craters our deficit and national debt...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Assuming trickle down exists (which I assume you agree it does), to what degree does it exist? Seemingly it exists to quite a substantial degree. That being the case, I assume your argument is that a trillion here or a trillion there (i.e. the marginal difference with a trillion dollar decrease in tax burden) has no impact on the overall trickle down effect. Nevertheless, it's nice to know that you agree that trickle down does in fact exist.
It exists to the degree that makes it not a worthwhile endeavor to pursue because it is more fallacy than fact especially when it comes to the super rich, which is who this bill is helping to loot America while there's still loot to be had.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As a real fiscal conservative, which makes me a dinosaur, since none exist in the Congress any more, the bill is appalling. It will not pay for itself and it proponents do not believe it either. It is a stalking horse to slash entitlements, after it craters our deficit and national debt...
you obviously are naive to the awesome power of the trickle down

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
What is your feeling on the corporate tax cut?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Hold on................are you guys trying to tell me the republicants actually have a philosophy?

Being a bunch of weak-knee spineless losers, that are content to be the minority party, so all they have to do is pretend they are opposing the "radical agenda", of the other guys, doesn't qualify as a philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.